Anyone start canning yet

So far this summer the wife has canned 25 quarts of green beans , 12 quarts of chicken breast , 6 quarts of tame rabbit ,and 8 quarts of chicken thighs .
She was at the local tractor supply bout 3-4 weeks ago and they had meat birds on sale again so won't be long and be putting them up again. Also I need to get these turkeys butchered . May only do the thighs and drumsticks of them though

Marionberries should be in full harvest mode next weekend. I plan on putting on some leather gear and go picking along the Willamette River. Last time, about eight years ago, I got ~48 jars worth. I ate the last of them two years ago.

I'm lost here maybe because I live in south Texas but ain't it still the summer?
It's 101 here right now 🔥 and it will be hot till late September.
I must have worded that wrong. Can all summer and eat all winter. I don't can at all these days. I got lazy and freeze everything. I bought a generator just in case we lose power.

I've never tried the pickled watermelon rinds. On my to do list
Peel the skin off and just use the white part of the rind. I do a few really spicy batches and use them in bloody Mary's as a garnish. We also can home made bloody Mary mix in quart jars so that all you gotta do is add ice and vodka once you pop the lid. I planted 60 tomato plants. Half hybrids and half heirloom of different species so its not uncommon to get 3 5gal buckets of tomatoes a day on top of okra and peppers and everything else.

My mother and a few of her friends and my wife and a few of her friends all get together and do a "girls weekend" of canning every year. I take care of the garden and carry out full cases to the storm cellar...... they do everything else!

Peel the skin off and just use the white part of the rind. I do a few really spicy batches and use them in bloody Mary's as a garnish. We also can home made bloody Mary mix in quart jars so that all you gotta do is add ice and vodka once you pop the lid. I planted 60 tomato plants. Half hybrids and half heirloom of different species so its not uncommon to get 3 5gal buckets of tomatoes a day on top of okra and peppers and everything else.

My mother and a few of her friends and my wife and a few of her friends all get together and do a "girls weekend" of canning every year. I take care of the garden and carry out full cases to the storm cellar...... they do everything else!
Interesting. If I'm ever down your way I'll have to request that you make me a drink!

That's not a one drink, drink lol. Some guys in deer camp make a bloody Mary look like a bouquet of pickled vegetables....not me! Bloody Mary mix+vodka+ice with a couple hunks of spicy watermelon pickles in the bottom as a reward for living through the night before!

We tried bottling it in the big sangria wine jugs once but it was a pain to get the jugs to seal.

Palisades peaches are here now, but the August peaches tend to be sweeter. Had peach pie this weekend and will be canning soon

Wife began picking our currents Friday, so we will be canning those tomorrow
I've ate a lot of peaches and none come close to Palisade peaches. My wife cans them sliced and makes syrup from them.

My wife spends days canning. Hundreds of jars a year. Off the tip of my head
Green beans
Sweet corn
Tomatoes
Pinto beans
Deer/elk meat
Candied apples
Apple pie filling
Peaches and peach syrup
Rabbit broth
Salsa
Carrots
Green chilies
Jams and jellies
And my wife and her sisters and my mother-in-law make a hundred plus apple pies and freeze them so we can have homemade pie anytime.
I think canning for her is like reloading and shooting/hunting for me.