Anyone start canning yet

crashlanding

Pickling cucumbers were about 2weeks late this year due to extended winter but finally got the job done today. I'm proud to put our dill pickles up against anyone's, they're that good. We only did 1/2 bushel this year and I made my wife promise not to be handing them out to anyone who smiles at her so they can last the year. Her station is inside the house sanitizing jars and rings, scrubbing cucs, packing jars with cucs, dill, garlic and some with hot peppers. My set up is in the garage making brine and boiling jars. It's a fun job that we've done for years. Anyone else can?
IMG_2013.jpeg
IMG_2014.jpeg

Pickling cucumbers were about 2weeks late this year due to extended winter but finally got the job done today. I'm proud to put our dill pickles up against anyone's, they're that good. We only did 1/2 bushel this year and I made my wife promise not to be handing them out to anyone who smiles at her so they can last the year. Her station is inside the house sanitizing jars and rings, scrubbing cucs, packing jars with cucs, dill, garlic and some with hot peppers. My set up is in the garage making brine and boiling jars. It's a fun job that we've done for years. Anyone else can?View attachment 481994View attachment 481995
My wife decided to give canning a try this year but hasn't started yet. She also decided that she doesn't want my help. lol

I have farms with kill permits, so I take them all summer long and freeze the meat until cooler weather since I use propane burner outside and I'll pressure can deer (1" - 1.5" chunks) in larger batches, I try not to can without at least 14 quarts preferably 28+ at a time. My wife is canning green an yellow beans currently, prepping for the tomatoes as well.