Any rumors of a 7 PRC?

it would be nice if they made something with a 2.350 long case which is about half way between the 6.5 and 300. case capacity should be around 85-86 gr and still stay under 3.4 inches with the 180-195 class bullets with bearing surface above neck shoulder junction.
With the 7 wsm and RM at 83 grains I don't see the point of messing around with a new cartridge unless capacity is in the low to mid 90's

I want one , love sevens, hate belts and rebates. Something to handle longer modern bullets but in standard length action.

Ok I dont have the knowledge base you guys do but d a m n thats right up my alley. Big heavy 190+ boolets at 3200. What is this 7 SM
Its based on my original 30 SM which I developed back in 2010 off of the 375 Ruger case. When Hornady came out with the 300 prc a couple years ago, I tweaked my chamber very slightly to be able to shoot prc on my chamber. The 28 is simply a necked down 30 version.

Its based on my original 30 SM which I developed back in 2010 off of the 375 Ruger case. When Hornady came out with the 300 prc a couple years ago, I tweaked my chamber very slightly to be able to shoot prc on my chamber. The 28 is simply a necked down 30 version.
Oh wait a second. You're the Sherman mag guy. !!!! SM. Got it. So its bases off the 30 sm just necked down. Thx

Its been awhile since the 300 and 6.5 prcs were released.
Has anyone heard if Hornady plans on releasing a 7mm version?
It'd be awesome to have a saami spec 7mm built around long bullets like a 195 EOL, and with case capacity somewhere between a 7 RM and the 28 Nos.
Come on Hornady
Do it !
if so there won't be any brass just like with the 6.5 and 300 prc.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts