Any rumors of a 7 PRC?

Wouldn't a 7 based on a 300prc case be a 7 LRM?

A 7 on a 6.5prc case would have the same performance as a 284, but be able to fit in a short action much better.
McWhorter has this.....it's called 7sprc, I said this when the 6.5prc came out and everyone was like, why, it won't work very good, there's better out there....ect. I thought it would be a good combination of speed and barrel life. So, someone made one and supposedly it's a hammer and a very accurate chambering.

I have a 7-300prc that's about complete at the smith now. Has a lot of freebore 0.240" will be shooting 170 Cayuga, 184hyb and 195 eol. Case capacity is about 95gr, will likely run Retumbo and 8133. And if speed is absolutely essential, I'll run N570 or RL33. Barrel is only 22" to run with my ultra7 supressor.

I have a 7-300prc that's about complete at the smith now. Has a lot of freebore 0.240" will be shooting 170 Cayuga, 184hyb and 195 eol. Case capacity is about 95gr, will likely run Retumbo and 8133. And if speed is absolutely essential, I'll run N570 or RL33. Barrel is only 22" to run with my ultra7 supressor.
Awesome
Keep us updated on your load development
I'm really interested to hear about the 195's

Speed is a young buck's game.
7 LRM, though that horse has been flogged many times. It performs, though only a marginal improvement over 7RM.
Worth the cost? Absolutely.
Gunwerks may have a contract with Hornady that blocks them from a competing chambering in 7mm.
"Throat scorcher" Can we PLUZE get rid of this BS ? Maybe we need a sticky on NITRIDING ???

Read and learn something NEW ! https://www.sst.net/barrel-nitriding-service/

My smith has customers with P-dog town rapid fire 22-250s with 5000 down the pipe and no erosion !!!
How much does it cost to nitride a barrel? Is it the vacuum furnace nitriding or cyanide salt bath?

control thermal in phoenix Arizona. the last couple I had done were in the 100 dollar range with shipping. it is the salt bath nitride. while it definitely helps with throat erosion it is not a cure for rapid fire or being crazy and way overheating the barrels

There's a shop here that does the plasma nitriding. When I have time, I'll reach out and inquire about cost.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.