SHOT SHOW Rumors ???

Lapua belted magnum brass for 7mm RemMag & 7mm STW... Also, Lapua .28 Nosler brass.

I would like to see Remington actually step their **** game up and start putting 5R modern twist barrels in all their rifles, and extend their factory magazine boxes to 4.000" for magnum chamberings, but I would settle for 3.850" minimum.

Also, would like to see Remington continue to produce the 5R Gen2 rifles in .260 Remington. It appears they have cut it out of the chambering lineup already, in favor of the 6.5 CreedWhore. :mad:

Would like to see Remington offer more chamberings in their 5R Milspec lineup, like 7mm-08, 7mm RemMag, etc...

Would like to see someone SAAMI standardize the .25-06 AI 40º cartridge. Or maybe Rich can design a .257 Sherman for the Blackjack 131 bullets.

Lapua belted magnum brass for 7mm RemMag & 7mm STW... Also, Lapua .28 Nosler brass.

I would like to see Remington actually step their **** game up and start putting 5R modern twist barrels in all their rifles, and extend their factory magazine boxes to 4.000" for magnum chamberings, but I would settle for 3.850" minimum.

Also, would like to see Remington continue to produce the 5R Gen2 rifles in .260 Remington. It appears they have cut it out of the chambering lineup already, in favor of the 6.5 CreedWhore. :mad:

Would like to see Remington offer more chamberings in their 5R Milspec lineup, like 7mm-08, 7mm RemMag, etc...

Would like to see someone SAAMI standardize the .25-06 AI 40º cartridge. Or maybe Rich can design a .257 Sherman for the Blackjack 131 bullets.
I Can't believe they rejected their own chambering in favor of 6.5needmore !!

Would like to see what's going to happen with Savage arms since Vista outdoor conglomerate says their out to sell Savage cause they don't produce handguns( unless the plan has changed) Would like to see Savage & Remington Step it up, dominant, & be successful American companies.

I Can't believe they rejected their own chambering in favor of 6.5needmore !!
This is not the first time they've done so...With the same cartridge.

If they had not cut it out before, there would be no 6.5 CM, because there would not have been caliber/chambering gap, had they continued to produce and support the .260 Remington.

I can. Most shooters don't reload. The selection of the KING's (6.5 Creedmoor) ammo is awesome.
They already have the reamers, they use the same exact barrels for the 6.5CM and .260 Rem... Why not just keep making both? It wouldn't cost them anything more to just keep making some of them. Even a 25/75 ratio would be fine, just as long as they kept it in production.

Would like to see what's going to happen with Savage arms since Vista outdoor conglomerate says their out to sell Savage cause they don't produce handguns( unless the plan has changed) Would like to see Savage & Remington Step it up, dominant, & be successful American companies.
I could care less what happens to Savage, but Remington needs to find their balls and step up their game...They've been wallowing in their own self-serving stew for too long. Time to start giving the customers what they want, which means, they're going to need to retool for just about everything, but still keep prices competitive. Doubt the fat-cat board room Fudds will allow that to happen...Might eat into their plans and profit margins too much. Sad to see what we've let America's oldest firearms manufacturer become.

Former CEO & board members flying frequently on their private jet while company goes bankrupt. I'm sure they probably blame most of it on the common worker. Guessing the thought the hourly guys made to much money and they didn't make enough. Savage has got folks working there to. I don't care if I ever buy another or not, but would like for those folks to work for a successful company & be able to support their families.

Have heard that MPA will introduce a new production class bolt action.

Have also heard that JP will introduce a new bolt action rifle.

Both are awesome developments from great companies.

Not reall a SHOT show rumor, but a new product from Browning. X-bolt Max LR Hunter. MSRP $1299. I'm sure they will have the fast twist barrels. Looks interesting, maybe a good match for those new XTR-II's

Xbolt.png

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.