Any reason to go with 6.5 creedmoor?

I never said it was better. I chose the case and so far it shoots fantastic. I don't own a 260 so I can't comment on the performance. They both shoot the same bullet so debate all you want. If I was looking for the fastest 6.5, I would have built a 284.

I never said it was better. I chose the case and so far it shoots fantastic. I don't own a 260 so I can't comment on the performance. They both shoot the same bullet so debate all you want. If I was looking for the fastest 6.5, I would have built a 284.

I studied both for quite awhile before having my own .260 built. If the Creedmore was /is so top notch...why havent rifle companies been churning out rifles for it right and left? Its a dead horse that just hasnt decided to lie down yet.

or a 6.5 SAUM
or a 6.5 SS
or a 6.5 WSM
:D

Comparing the 260 to the CM from a velocity standpoint is akin to red apples vs green apples... very little difference.

t

I studied both for quite awhile before having my own .260 built. If the Creedmore was /is so top notch...why havent rifle companies been churning out rifles for it right and left? Its a dead horse that just hasnt decided to lie down yet.

Looks like the lowly 6.5 Creed surpassed the 260 Rem in popularity with the top national shooters at the Precision Rifle Series Finale last year. I think it's a horse that just starting to get its second wind! Better watch out. Check the link below.

Best Rifle Caliber

or a 6.5 SAUM
or a 6.5 SS
or a 6.5 WSM
:D

Comparing the 260 to the CM from a velocity standpoint is akin to red apples vs green apples... very little difference.

t

I hate short-mags...But if I had a spare magnum SA rifle sitting around, I would have a 6.5 SS build in the works next week! :D

Looks like the lowly 6.5 Creed surpassed the 260 Rem in popularity with the top national shooters at the Precision Rifle Series Finale last year. I think it's a horse that just starting to get its second wind! Better watch out. Check the link below.

Best Rifle Caliber

I just think it's a new trend and everyone has to be trendy... I will not take away from it that it IS a good caliber, but I do feel like it is bandwagon caliber, just like the .338 Lapua was. The only good development of the .338 Lapua that came about was a great case for wildcatting better calibers out of.

ok so tell that to Savage, Ruger, Browning, Weatherby, Cooper, and, well i think you get the picture. Sorry but its here to stay. It will be replacing the 260 in the next ten years or so(just my opinion. With Nosler making brass along with norma, the good brass excuse wont work.

ok so tell that to Savage, Ruger, Browning, Weatherby, Cooper, and, well i think you get the picture. Sorry but its here to stay. It will be replacing the 260 in the next ten years or so(just my opinion. With Nosler making brass along with norma, the good brass excuse wont work.

I would never be so bold to say it will ever replace anything, especially the .260 or .260 AI, but it is a very strong competitor to ride along with them.

Creedmoor, low cost ammunition to shoot if you don't re-load. Probably most important is that Hornady seems to be in for the long haul. Remington just doesn't seem to take anything seriously with regard to brass or ammunition, bullets etc. You look at Hornady, Lapua and Norma and you see the calibers of the future in my opinion. Remington and Winchester just don't seem to care about the business their in. Sad, because they both could be number 1 in many areas, brass, bullets, actions, know how etc.

I would never be so bold to say it will ever replace anything, especially the .260 or .260 AI, but it is a very strong competitor to ride along with them.

Valid point. We all should consider too, just how long the 260 ran as the wildcat 6.5-08 before it was made a standard chambering by Rem. The Creed' came into a market where the 6.5 is not only accepted but championed. It is gaining acceptance far quicker than the 260 did. It isn't going anywhere for a long time.

t

I built my 6.5 creedmore just because i wanted one! I have 2 dozen or more custom rifles, whats 1 more. I have both 6.5x284 and 260 and like both. Next thing i build, after 375 cheytec will be 6.5x47 lapua. My friend has one with a broughton barrel that shoots 8 fps es over 15 shots!!!I like the 6.5x47 lapua because it uses small rifle primers and i have 40,000 or so stock-piled up!:D

Creedmoor, low cost ammunition to shoot if you don't re-load. Probably most important is that Hornady seems to be in for the long haul. Remington just doesn't seem to take anything seriously with regard to brass or ammunition, bullets etc. You look at Hornady, Lapua and Norma and you see the calibers of the future in my opinion. Remington and Winchester just don't seem to care about the business their in. Sad, because they both could be number 1 in many areas, brass, bullets, actions, know how etc.

Remington doesnt seem to take ANYTHING serious...even the design of their firearms!