Any reason to go with 6.5 creedmoor?

I'm currently getting into long range shooting. I have a Sps tactical 308 in a BC medalist stock and a Remington Sendero sf2 in 300 winmag. I want to start shooting some 600 and 1000 yard competitions. I currently have 500rds of 308, would it be better to just shoot the barrel out of the 308 and rebarrel it to a 6.5cm, or sell the 300 and buy a 6.5? Or just keep what I have and shoot them.
Unless you just want to abuse it completely to death the chances of shooting out a .308 in your lifetime are pretty slim.

I'm not at all a fan of the 6.5CM but for what you're doing it's a very good choice as would be the 6.5PRC. Heck the .243 Winchester would not be a bad choice either for that matter.

I studied both for quite awhile before having my own .260 built. If the Creedmore was /is so top notch...why havent rifle companies been churning out rifles for it right and left? Its a dead horse that just hasnt decided to lie down yet.
lol ill bet you had a hard time eating those words the 6.5cm is gaining in chambering for factory rifles almost no firearm manufacturer is chambering the 260 any more the last part of your statement is correct however you just got the caliber confused the 260 is a dead horse it just hasn't realized it yet
but it will
the 6.5cm is here to stay

the 6.5cm is here to stay
Just like this thread wildrose felt the need to dredge up from 8 years ago, and you felt the need to not let die. lol

It is pretty comical however, to watch those people that constantly attack every new thing, get proven wrong by history time and time again.

First people justify their hate for the 6.5 Creedmoor because it's not popular. Then they justify their hate for it because it's popular. They do the same with everything.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

.260 AI has as 40* shoulder... And I think it might be a little bit faster than the 6.5 Creed, which is slightly slower than the regular .260 Rem. :D

Not to mention that awesome Lapua .260 brass.

I think it's a toss-up, but personal preference, I'll take a .260 AI anyday with Lapua brass.
Don't want to highjack the thread. I have a semi custom 308 varmint with 26" barrel and have been considering pulling the barrel and doing something else but it wont be a Creedmore. I would love to do the 260AI but don't know a whole lot about it yet. If I did 260 AI it seems like I could benefit from a long or at least a medium action so I could seat the bullets out longer. In current configuration my max col is 2.875 inches. This will be my last short action bolt rifle. I don't like being limited to short action mag length. The 308 I have now is a 5/8 moa gun and gets to 1000 fine. It's a very good gun to 800. 6.5 Saum, 7 saum, and 300 WSM are also interesting to me and I have lots of 30 cal components. I just don't care for the extra recoil. Is a long action a better fit with 260AI?

I have a custom tight neck 6.5 creedmore, im getting 2950 fps with 140 berger vlds. At 2x some primer pockets were loose , at 3x half were loose and a few fell out! I chuncked the Hornady in the trash can and Necked up some lapua 22-250 and have been happier every since. I know i have a hot load but my Bartlein barrel is giving 9 fps es over 15 shots , so i will live with this hot round for now!
Curious as to the length of your barrel?