Any cal. missing?

woodnut

I have ARs in the following cal.: .22 rimfire, 17 HMR, 20 TAC, 223 heavy barrel w/1 in 8 twist, 223A.I., 6.5 Grendel, and in AR10s, a 6x47 Lapua and 260 Rem. If you had these and wanted maybe one more to fit in, what would your cal. thoughts be and why? Just real curious as I don't think you can have too many ARs !

I have ARs in the following cal.: .22 rimfire, 17 HMR, 20 TAC, 223 heavy barrel w/1 in 8 twist, 223A.I., 6.5 Grendel, and in AR10s, a 6x47 Lapua and 260 Rem. If you had these and wanted maybe one more to fit in, what would your cal. thoughts be and why? Just real curious as I don't think you can have too many ARs !

Easy.. A canned, SBR, 300 whisper.

Jon

Waiting on my stamp for my complete LMT 10.5. I plan on adding a 30 cal. can, and a SBR 300 whisper upper to it also. A buddy of mine has one and it sounds like something out of the movies, all you hear is the action of the rifle working. Make a great pack gun/camp gun.

Jon

I have a friend who has both the 458 Socom and the 25 WSSM. I have watched pigs hit the ground so fast it was unbelievable when hit by the Socom. His 25 shoots ragged holes but it sure is a barrel burner. And no, I don't have the 23 ca. Interesting, in P.O. Ackley's book he shows that someone many moons ago "wildcatted"one. Here in VA. we can't shoot anything smaller than 23 cal. which effectively says it's 24 cal. or larger. Unless, of course, you have that 23 cal. :D
The 6 TCU sounds good. I've even thought of the 6 AR Turbo.

Woodnut,
I've also built AR's in 17 Remington, and 6X45. That 6X45 is a pretty nice cheap round to shoot and pretty effective on deer on down. Just neck up cheap 223 brass (used to be cheap anyway) and load and shoot (with the same mags as 223 which is also a really nice benefit.

Oh, and I was always going to build a 338 Federal or 358 Win on the 10 platform for a pig/bear/brushy elk rifle... Got the reamer, dies, barrel blank and brass for the 338 but I still haven't built my AR10! I was going to just have a 260 Rem or 6.5 Creedmoore and the 338 Fed/358 Win and probably a 308 and call it good for the 10 platform.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.