Am I having a pressure problem.

Does any one know the case capacity of the 338 RUM compared to the Edge. That is what needs to be compared. The other thing I found was that Hornady's max load is less than Noslers min. load.
Is there any chance at all that being a new barrel that 2 shots fouled it some how to raise pressure. Although the way the brass came out I am bot 100% convinced it is a pressure issue. There are no marks on the base of the case to indicate high pressure. I am wondering if it is from the firing pin piercing the primer. Could that cause this scenario.

Does any one know the case capacity of the 338 RUM compared to the Edge. That is what needs to be compared. The other thing I found was that Hornady's max load is less than Noslers min. load.
Is there any chance at all that being a new barrel that 2 shots fouled it some how to raise pressure. Although the way the brass came out I am bot 100% convinced it is a pressure issue. There are no marks on the base of the case to indicate high pressure. I am wondering if it is from the firing pin piercing the primer. Could that cause this scenario.
.338 RUM 113grs H2O .338 EDGE 122.5grs H2O

Thank you 436. how much difference would a 9.5 crn increase in case capacity lower pressure. This is why I assumed that even a max load for a RUM would be safe in an Edge. Am I off base thinking that.

Thank you 436. how much difference would a 9.5 crn increase in case capacity lower pressure. This is why I assumed that even a max load for a RUM would be safe in an Edge. Am I off base thinking that.
Detonation phenomena is a crazy subject, in this case, being I've really never worked with either, I don't know. Good luck, Cheers.

The difference between fired and new brass is .030. That measurement is the same for both fired brass the one of high pressure and the ones showing no pressure sighs. I measured the primer pockets new brass was .200 and both fired were .203. Is that a normal amount of pocket stretch.
How far should a firing pin stick out in the bolt face in the fired position.

picking power with possibility of full case capacity

size brass to feel a crush fit when closing bolt , removing ejector plunger , soot the front and the back to see how much contact

i think you over sized those brass slightly , the plunger held forward into the shoulder datum cone , enough to slam back into the bolt ,
Huh?

My brother had a 338 Edge built. So I loaded him a few rounds to try it out. The load was 92.0 grains of IMR 7828 in neck expanded ADG 300 RUM brass and a 215 Fed primer. The first 2 rounds were fine no pressure signs at al. The 3rd shot flattened the primer so bad you can hardly tell it from the brass and the primer was pierced. The case came out really easy. but the extractor was pushed out. I forgot to mention I was using a225 hornady sst. The rifle is a Sako AV with a 30 inch Jury barrel. The 4th shot was just like the 3rd and we called it quits.. This load was out of the Nosler manual for the 338 Rum and is 1 grain under max. I figured it was a safe load as the Edge is a bigger case. Any body have any ideas of whatwent wrong.
I'm not sure if you are aware of this or not, But accidental underfilling of a large magnum case can cause huge pressure spikes, Enough to cause damage to brass and rifles.

The loads were recomended loads out of a reputable manual. How ever I was looking for a bullet seating depth and discovered the new ADG brass could not be extracted from the chamber. The once fired brass could be. I am wondering if this ADG brass is way under sized and causing this issue. If it is should I load the rounds with the bullets jammed into the lands. Much like when creating AI brass.

With book COAL and virgin brass couldn't the pressure signs be attributed to excessive head space and bolt slap? I usually jam my bullets the first go around to help prevent this. And I'm not familiar the the edge and if it has crush when FF from 300 rum. Just something else to consider.

569743 that is what I am trying now. Seated the bullets to jam into the rifling. I sure wish components were cheaper to fire form all 100 brass..

The loads were recomended loads out of a reputable manual. How ever I was looking for a bullet seating depth and discovered the new ADG brass could not be extracted from the chamber. The once fired brass could be. I am wondering if this ADG brass is way under sized and causing this issue. If it is should I load the rounds with the bullets jammed into the lands. Much like when creating AI brass.

I've been a life time wildcat and AI man. Never never jammed bullets into the lands.

Lot's of the rifle I've owned are limited barrel life. So I have never messed around with fire forming shells to be reloaded later. I take the parent case and use the exact same load that the AI that I have perfected. I use them paper and hunting. Generally I have found that something below max pressure and acceptable case life is the most accurate loads. Or I will drop to some even number like 3200 fps for ease of ballistic calculations. Summer time I shoot bullets out of cooler and winter out of a warm inner pocket. So I don't have to worry about temp sensitive powders. Even my hunting rifles are often single shots because of the long AOL. with throated rifles. Actually I've never needed a second shot big game hunting. :)

They are perfect fire formed cases

I've been a life time wildcat and AI man. Never never jammed bullets into the lands.

Lot's of the rifle I've owned are limited barrel life. So I have never messed around with fire forming shells to be reloaded later. I take the parent case and use the exact same load that the AI that I have perfected. I use them paper and hunting. Generally I have found that something below max pressure and acceptable case life is the most accurate loads. Or I will drop to some even number like 3200 fps for ease of ballistic calculations. Summer time I shoot bullets out of cooler and winter out of a warm inner pocket. So I don't have to worry about temp sensitive powders. Even my hunting rifles are often single shots because of the long AOL. with throated rifles. Actually I've never needed a second shot big game hunting. :)

They are perfect fire formed cases
You are a lot like me! I am an Ackley and obscure cartridge guy, I don't like regular calibers much, They are boring! I like to fiddle around with all of the case prep and fireforming stuff.