Aftermarket Stock

SHEDKING

So I have a Christensen Arms Ridgline in a 300 Rum. Then gun has been great but want to get a new stock for it. I also have a Christensen arms 338 lapua in the traverse with the Monte Carlo stock and really like it. I was gonna just get another stock from christensen arms but wanted to see what other stocks you guys recommend?
Is there any stocks that you guys recommend? Thanks for any advice!!
It is a hunting rifle so I want to keep it on the light side.

So I have a Christensen Arms Ridgline in a 300 Rum. Then gun has been great but want to get a new stock for it. I also have a Christensen arms 338 lapua in the traverse with the Monte Carlo stock and really like it. I was gonna just get another stock from christensen arms but wanted to see what other stocks you guys recommend?
Budget? Preference - i.e., chassis? Weight target? The more pertinent information you can provide, the better the yield.

Budget? Preference - i.e., chassis? Weight target? The more pertinent information you can provide, the better the yield.
My goal is under 32 oz! But the lighter it is the better it will be for long miles in the mountains. I am not really familiar with chassis like I said I really like the Monte Carlo stocks with the raised cheek. I am leaning towards a MCMillan game hunter. (REM clone)
My budget would be around 700-800!
The gun is strictly for hunting. Even at the range I never shoot past 1000 yards. Just looking for ideas. I have no real world experience with any after market stocks.

My goal is under 32 oz! But the lighter it is the better it will be for long miles in the mountains. I am not really familiar with chassis like I said I really like the Monte Carlo stocks with the raised cheek. I am leaning towards a MCMillan game hunter. (REM clone)
My budget would be around 700-800!
The gun is strictly for hunting. Even at the range I never shoot past 1000 yards. Just looking for ideas. I have no real world experience with any after market stocks.
I originally going to use https://xlrindustries.com/products/element_4-0_magnesium_chassis on my .338 NMI build but I went with https://christensenarms.com/product/modern-precision-rifle-chassis/ instead. I paid $800 for mine.

Good luck!

Ed

McMillan game stalker. For what you are trying to do. Edge fill. More traditional style grip with raised cheek like your traverse.

Your biggest issue will be finding a stock in-stock. That's why classifieds come in handy but it might not be exactly inletted to your action or style/color etc.
That is what determines many stock purchases and styles.
I have 2 I've been waiting on for 5-6 months

Last edited:
Manners LRH , the LA will come in at about 30oz. if you get the filler bedded model. It has an adjustable comb and comes standard with an ARCA Rail back by the Botton metal, it also has 2 QR sling couplings in the left side and standard studs Botton front forend.

I bought a short and a long action ca arms stalks for my 2 builds. I like the feel and ergonomics. However, every ca stock I've looked at since is pretty flimsy on the forearm. A similar McMillan edge fill is 14oz lighter and significantly more rigid.

I am not sure where in MT you are, but the last time I heard, https://www.hollandguns.com/32m7/parts-accessories/custom-stocks.html moved to Billings. It might be worth a call or visit for you and see what he has in his inventory.