Tikka aftermarket stocks

What stocks are you using on your tikkas? I'm tired of the way the plastic stocks flex out when wrapping a sling around the arm or shooting off a bipod changes POI. i'm looking to stay within 4oz +/- of the factory 28oz stock. It'd also be nice to keep the cost under $500 with less than a couple months wait time. Carbon is preferred but not mandatory.

so regardless of what i'm looking for, what do you have on yours?
Bell & Carlson Medalist- love it and it is free floating.

Last edited:
drdool,

do you have a time quote from iota when production is rolling?

well, i just got an email back and it seems they are not inletting for the t3 on the krux. they are shipping the kremlin to stocky's in 2 weeks but i assume they are inletting this for the CTR since it is so heavy and cumbersome. i couldn't see dropping a t3 lite into the kremlin but to each their own. sure seems like someone out there would make a nice light weight stiff stock for the t3 lite since it's become so prolific.

fwiw, both iota and AGC got back to me same day on a weekend. that's fast customer service.

ACG had this to say about t3 stocks when asked about availability "July 2019 our AG Privateer and AG Alpine Hunter will be available for Tikka."

MESA is possibly starting production on the altitude this monday and will ship about 3 weeks after.

got a message back from iota:
"We will for sure be adding to the tikka line as we go. I will say the Kremlin with the release of the tika is going to a 33 oz version and we will be offering it in both the t3 and the CTR. Thank you for your feedback."

I've been in the market for the same stock with a more vertical grip. Ive narrowed my selection down to the Manners EH1 and McMillan Game Warden with carbon fill both come in at 28oz. Also spoke with MPI the daughter took over the company she said that 24oz is possible.

At this point Im leaning McMillan Game Warden. McMillan has been really responsive to questions, Manner ive not got no response from emails or phone calls. MPI is re tooling not sure I want to give them a shot just yet. They also seemed the most expensive.

got a message back from iota:
"We will for sure be adding to the tikka line as we go. I will say the Kremlin with the release of the tika is going to a 33 oz version and we will be offering it in both the t3 and the CTR. Thank you for your feedback."
Iota has been a bit of a let down. They should stop focusing on unrealistic dates and just focus on what's in front of them. It was two weeks two weeks ago. Before that it was November. They're really nice folks, just not the best business people. I hope things work out for them. The stock I had and had to send back seemed really nice and fit my 700 clone action rather well.
At this point, it's looking like Mesa will be getting my money for my now completed tikka rebarrel.

Last edited:
Call Joel Russo stocks, He is on here and has numerous stock options.

I've been in the market for the same stock with a more vertical grip. Ive narrowed my selection down to the Manners EH1 and McMillan Game Warden with carbon fill both come in at 28oz. Also spoke with MPI the daughter took over the company she said that 24oz is possible.

At this point Im leaning McMillan Game Warden. McMillan has been really responsive to questions, Manner ive not got no response from emails or phone calls. MPI is re tooling not sure I want to give them a shot just yet. They also seemed the most expensive.
I'm sure you will really like the Game Warden, I have one on my 300wsm and love it. Once my builder started doing load development he fell in love with it, and since has used on a couple of his personal rifles along with several builds.