Accurate 4350: Low Velocities

I Also Tried so IMR 4451 AND WAS VERY DISSAPOINTED
i have a pound of Shooters World SW4350 that gave Vel, in the 3500-3600 Range before being stopped due to Case Capacity
In my Humble opinion A4350 is a Great Powder

Any powder that does what you want it to do with the bullet you want with your rifle is a great powder. Any powder might work well depending on your goals, your rifle and caliber depending on your purpose....and the temperatures where you shoot.

Any powder that does what you want it to do with the bullet you want with your rifle is a great powder. Any powder might work well depending on your goals, your rifle and caliber depending on your purpose....and the temperatures where you shoot.
X-2

57-59 gr A4350 behind 165-180 bullets is all i've shot in ''06 last 40 yrs. Too many animals to list have succumbed to this combo......Probably 5 different 3006's. Load it and good skill is all that's required to accomplish the mission.
IMR 4350 isn't the same as H4350. IMR 4350 is very heat sensitive. The H 4350 is a very Stable powder. So depending on the weather or Temperature you hunt in, be careful with IMR powders.
Question: Are you of the opinion, due to your own experience, that the majority of the "H" powders are less temperature sensitive than the "IMR" powders? I'm aware that some guns prefer certain powder and bullet combinations for best accuracy. So my question is "in general".

Question: Are you of the opinion, due to your own experience, that the majority of the "H" powders are less temperature sensitive than the "IMR" powders? I'm aware that some guns prefer certain powder and bullet combinations for best accuracy. So my question is "in general".
I have not done any head to head comparisons myself, but I have heard others say that the Hodgdon extremes perform better than the alliant and imr's that are not treated to be temperature insensitive. Alliant has a few that are supposed to be temperature insensitive but my experience with them is over 90 degrees they still misbehave. IMR makes no claim that IMR 4350 is temperature insensitive, but of course H4350 is one of Hodgdon's extreme powders. I stated in that original post and I will state here again, if you want an IMR powder that is temperature insensitive, you have to go to the Enduron line up. I asked the question whether anyone has done testing of the Enduron powders vs. the Hodgdon extremes? I think it would be a great youtube or post here for someone to do that if they have the data. Personally, I do not believe IMR 4350 would be as insensitive to temperature as H4350. H4350 should give you some better level of protection. But I think IMR 4350 would otherwise be possibly the best substitute for H4350 in stable temperatures, say from 50-80 degrees or so. That's just my opinion or best guess. I have not done the testing.

I have not done any head to head comparisons myself, but I have heard others say that the Hodgdon extremes perform better than the alliant and imr's that are not treated to be temperature insensitive. Alliant has a few that are supposed to be temperature insensitive but my experience with them is over 90 degrees they still misbehave. IMR makes no claim that IMR 4350 is temperature insensitive, but of course H4350 is one of Hodgdon's extreme powders. I stated in that original post and I will state here again, if you want an IMR powder that is temperature insensitive, you have to go to the Enduron line up. I asked the question whether anyone has done testing of the Enduron powders vs. the Hodgdon extremes? I think it would be a great youtube or post here for someone to do that if they have the data. Personally, I do not believe IMR 4350 would be as insensitive to temperature as H4350. H4350 should give you some better level of protection. But I think IMR 4350 would otherwise be possibly the best substitute for H4350 in stable temperatures, say from 50-80 degrees or so. That's just my opinion or best guess. I have not done the testing.
I would love to try Either one BUT Where do you find them??
Anyhow the Origonal thread was about Accurate 4350 having LOW Velocities.

OK, you have to watch the thread here under reloading components for sale. There are posts there 4-5 times a week about either people wanting to do trades who have the powders you want, or posts about where you can purchase them on line.

For example, there is IMR 4350 available out there right now if you want to go buy it.

This was posted here on longrange hunting a day or 2 ago.

H4350 is gonna be a little harder, but ir is there every 60 days or so, and is available somewhere that will get posted.

It's really hard but not impossible if you are a dedicated powder shark......sniff the water and when you smell gunpowder.
POUNCE! There are a lot of powder sharks on this channel who have all those powders and more....trust me. You can do it.

Accurate 4350 is nowhere close to H4350. That's your problem. IMR 4350 and H4350 are almost identical.

But H4350 is a burn rate of about .51 compared to way slow Accurate 4350 at .38 ish

Accurate 4350 is not at all in the same burn rate class as IMR 4350 and H4350
Hmmm I have had good luck with accurate 4350 6.5 Creedmoor 143 ELD-X 43.0 gn Hornady brass WLRM primer OAL 2.810 2700 FPS Mossberg predator 22" barrel suppressed zero signs of pressure, confused about comment that accurate 4350 isn't even close to IMR 4350 or H4350 I am showing very close it being a little faster burn than the other two. I had to work with the accurate 4350 because of the shortage/people hoarding the other two powders.

As a reference.. My 6/5 with 40.1 gn of H4350 and 143 ELD-X out of a 24" barrel, I get 2725 fps.
6.5 CM 143 ELD-X A 4350 43.0 Hornady brass WLRM primer 2.810 OAL 1/2 turn on factory crimp, zero signs of pressure 2700 FPS bullets touching each other at 100 yds, rifle Mossberg predator 22" barrel suppressed, hopefully this helps.

Been using A4350 in larger calibers (30/06 specifically) last 40 yrs. When I used it in newer, smaller cases ran into reduced velocities every time. Found accuracy to be outstanding either way. But these days I use what's available.....

Hmmm I have had good luck with accurate 4350 6.5 Creedmoor 143 ELD-X 43.0 gn Hornady brass WLRM primer OAL 2.810 2700 FPS Mossberg predator 22" barrel suppressed zero signs of pressure, confused about comment that accurate 4350 isn't even close to IMR 4350 or H4350 I am showing very close it being a little faster burn than the other two. I had to work with the accurate 4350 because of the shortage/people hoarding the other two powders.
Accurate 4350 is a much slower powder than H4350 and IMR 4350.

Now, if you use a lot more charge of Accurate 4350 which is a slower powder and you have a fairly long barrel, I'm not saying you can't get the same or more velocity versus H4350 or IMR 4350, if your load does not pressure out before then, but it will take you more powder charge and a longer barrel maybe to get the same velocity as H4350 and IMR 4350 with Accurate 4350.

Here are the relative burn rates taken from Quick Load.

PowderBurn Rate
IMR 43500.515Faster
H 43500.513
Accurate 43500.381Slower

This shows the relative burn rate and are an indication of the corresponding initial pressures you will get from each of these powders.

Pressures and velocities from the top 2 will be higher and at quicker velocity than for Accurate 4350. So, if case capacity will allow, and
and your barrel length is a little longer, maybe you can work up to pressure with Accurate 4350 and still get the same velocities you were getting with the other 2 powders, but maybe not, and at the same charge weight, no way.

This was all explained previously in this thread I believe if you go back over the whole thread. Burn rate charts are not very useful when looking at these types of questions. They only get you in a certain ball park but are not very defining.

Hope that helps.

Mentioned once in this thread and seems to be readily available is Ramshot Hunter. Also Big Game and Magnum. I have been getting good results with Hunter. Others have posted up good results on both Big Game and Magnum.

What I have learned past few years is don't get so hung up on a powder and try something different like Ramshot. I have found better results with Ramshot versus Accurate ONLY relative to better velocities. Hunter shot well in .270 and 300WSM. Going to try it in 06 and .243.

OK prob really got some folks slapping their foreheads and asking WHY are you pushing these powders!😂 I have access and good prices, now I won't.

@Veteran : thank you for the burn chart explanation! A lot of folks ASSUME its a simple consecutive listing of powders so just "pick" one close enough. More get into serious trouble with that thought process.

Mentioned once in this thread and seems to be readily available is Ramshot Hunter. Also Big Game and Magnum. I have been getting good results with Hunter. Others have posted up good results on both Big Game and Magnum.

What I have learned past few years is don't get so hung up on a powder and try something different like Ramshot. I have found better results with Ramshot versus Accurate ONLY relative to better velocities. Hunter shot well in .270 and 300WSM. Going to try it in 06 and .243.

OK prob really got some folks slapping their foreheads and asking WHY are you pushing these powders!😂 I have access and good prices, now I won't.

@Veteran : thank you for the burn chart explanation! A lot of folks ASSUME its a simple consecutive listing of powders so just "pick" one close enough. More get into serious trouble with that thought process.
Well, Im just trying to make the point that just because it says 4350 on it, it aint the same cup of tea.

Not all 4350s are created equal.

That and charts dont cut the mustard at a very fine or precise level.