A restoration project

sambo3006

I went to the gun show yesterday in Springfield, MO and found an interesting black powder rifle for $55. It is a Knight LK 93 54 cal and looks like it was used for a boat paddle. It had a Williams receiver sight on it that is worth $40 or so. I took some before pictures. I had already removed the nipple and breech plug. I really had doubts as to whether they would come out at all. I figured they were rusted solid. After a soak in PB Blaster for about 10 minutes they came right out amazingly. The bore looks a little rough and was rusty but there were no big pits and the rifling looks decent. The bolt assembly and trigger assembly appear to work perfectly.

I'm no gunsmith but I think I can make this thing look decent and hopefully shoot decent for very little money and some elbow grease. I'll post again later after I make some progress. Might be a while with a young baby and hunting season coming up.

knight1.jpg

knight2.jpg

knight3.jpg

knight4.jpg

knight5.jpg

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.