A good accurate concealed carry pistol

I kinda regret getting the compact version. Yes, it's much easier to conceal but that 10 has a pretty good bark. I had to get the 15 round mag so it'd fit my hand, but at that rate probably would have been better off with a longer barrel, too.
Yep agree. The smaller the better to conceal, however for most it is much harder to shoot and be accurate. My experience anyway.

Believe it or not I also love and dote on my Kel-Tec PMR-30 (223 mag with "defense loads"), love to carry it, love to shoot it my all time fav handgun to work with! And the factory trigger and sights are nervana! Seems to me that even Cooper liked the 22 mag for personal defense....

I also like the 22 WMR as a self defense gun, and enjoy the poo out of my PMR.
I've been thinking about a new M&P.

Tuller drill 21 foot rule ....some one with a knife can reach you in the time you can draw from holster to presentation/acquisition/engagement of said threat

The second one 1 - 2.5 second is the time it can take for a competent person to draw a holstered arm, time frame is more like 5 seconds if recognition time of threat is factored in... Proper CC can change time factors even more, clothing, holster, training..

It has been a looong time since got any formal training, what is the 1.5-2.0 rule?

When a deadly threat is present, you should train to get your pistol out and deployed in 1.5-2.0 Seconds, as your life is in jeopardy.

Most never think about their holster, in particular types of clothing, ease of getting the gun out of the holster while standing or sitting, in the vehicle.

MTpockets, My brother has two of the M&P 22 Mags, I have shot them. These very high-capacity pistols are very, very accurate, they never jammed with CCI HP ammo. I have killed a lot of coyotes with the 22 Mag with Win 40g Hp in the Ruger All Weather 77 Mark II.
The 22 mag is very, very underrated. If shots on target rule the day, this S&W is worth serious consideration. The Kel Tec 22 Mag is another option. You may be able to put 6 shots on target with a 22 mag vs one 45 ACP. Shot placement will always carry the day, and a heart shot does not necessarily incapacitate for 7-14 seconds.

Last edited:
Looking for another pistol to carry. I've always been a 1911 40-45 guy but keeping them concealed isn't easy lol. Just looking to see what some of you suggest.
Hellcat Pro, M&P 2.0, or G43x/48X if you have larger hands. G26, 43g, or Hellcat if you have smaller hands or are really looking for that concealability. P365 and all it's variants are nice pistols too. All new models of those have optic sight ready versions too if you're interested in that.

When a deadly threat is present, you should train to get your pistol out and deployed in 1.5-2.0 Seconds, as your life is in jeopardy.

Most never think about their holster, in particular types of clothing, ease of getting the gun out of the holster while standing or sitting, in the vehicle.
And let's not forget IF one is in the barrel or not and if a safety mechanism needs to be defeated. Just something else that adds to the time.

I also like the 22 WMR as a self defense gun, and enjoy the poo out of my PMR.
I've been thinking about a new M&P.
I never would of picked one of the buggers up if a friend hadn't insisted I try it. Looked too darn George Jetson for my conservative thoughts. But, dang if I didn't fall in love with it when I ran my first clip thru it.

I carry it in a El Paso Saddlery "Yaqui" holster.

1704126220480.png

I don't know but maybe if it takes 1.5-2 seconds to draw and get on target you may be showing up to the party late🤷🏼‍♂️

I shoot IDPA, we time people. 1.5 seconds is darn fast, 2.0 for anything other than a Master class shooter is pretty good drawing from a holster covered with a light jacket. 1.0 second would be where you had your hand in your jacket/pants pocket with your hand on the gun, but Master Class IDPA shooters often draw from concealment in 1.0 seconds

For Newish guys, 3-4.0 seconds for draw time is not unusual, and for guys that never practice or plan, 3.0-4.0 second draw would be fast from a holster with jacket/shirt covering over the holster.

Thanks, when I was taught they didn't have labels for the 3x3 concept, 21' rule and such.

You can't believe how happy I was when that person failed qualification and I was assigned someone else to work with.

Thanks, when I was taught they didn't have labels for the 3x3 concept, 21' rule and such.

Many of us were "somewhat" mature when these "labels" became popular ……but, they help teach newer shooters the possibilities and legalities.

If ya shoot someone in a self defense situation….. inside of 21 feet gives you a strong legal leg to stand on! memtb