A good accurate concealed carry pistol

If a person has a suit jacket as part of their daily wear, as detectives did once upon a time, some would open a seam at the jacket bottom on their handgun side, and put some weight in there, many would use lead buckshot, though a few inches of automotive wheel weight would work nicely! Then restitch the seem closed! The added weight would help carry the jacket father out of the way when flung to the side during the draw!

Getting clothing out of the way fast and farther from the handgun during the draw……is a good thing! memtb

I have a CZ PCR 9x19 that I carried for quite a while and it is a very accurate, easy to shoot pistol. Relatively lightweight alloy frame, 14+1, DA/SA, decocker (carries with hammer at half-cock) . The only problem with it is that it is a little harder to hide than many sub-compact pistols available now.

I went with the Sig P365 and P365X (9x19) about a year ago and have been VERY happy with them. 10+1 (P365) or 12+1 (P365X) with mags available up to 17 rounds. They are very small and hide very well. I carry with just a t-shirt in the summer. I also have and tried carrying the P365 XL, but that little bit of extra barrel/slide length made a noticeable difference in concealment and comfort.

I've carried a BullDog .44 revolver, an S&W M-36 (J frame) revolver, a full size 1911, a Beretta 92FS (hardest to hide) and a CZ P-01. I always returned to the CZ PCR until I discovered the Sig P365 series.

I hate to admit that all of my carry pistols shoot about as well as I can shoot them. The larger pistols shoot better for me because they are easier to grip and control, and have a longer sight radius. That said, even the smaller ones shoot well enough for defensive/carry use.

I think the single biggest consideration is how well the defensive pistol points, in that it should come on target without having to correct or think about it. That is the real beauty of the CZs, they point where I look, and to a slightly lesser degree the P365 series do too, especially with the Wilson Combat grip module upgrade.

None of my current carry guns have safeties and I always carry with the gun fully loaded. The CZ PCR has a heavier DA pull that makes it safe to carry at half-cock. The P365s are striker-fired and I had a little distrust at first. I installed a manual safety on one of them, but the location is not good for me and unlike the 1911, I have to break my 'firing grip' to operate the safety, so I removed it. Most incidents with striker-fired guns seem to occur during re-holstering. I place mine in the holster off-body, then put it on my belt as a unit and remove it the same way.

Many of us were "somewhat" mature when these "labels" became popular ……but, they help teach newer shooters the possibilities and legalities.

If ya shoot someone in a self defense situation….. inside of 21 feet gives you a strong legal leg to stand on! memtb

You are going to Jail, what ever the case.

I've been carrying my Sig P365X for a while. I like it a lot. I'm not a big guy and with a good holster it doesn't print much even in a t-shirt. I have a Holosun on it that I like quite a bit too, it's much better than the Sig Romeo that came on it.

I shoot IDPA, we time people. 1.5 seconds is darn fast, 2.0 for anything other than a Master class shooter is pretty good drawing from a holster covered with a light jacket. 1.0 second would be where you had your hand in your jacket/pants pocket with your hand on the gun, but Master Class IDPA shooters often draw from concealment in 1.0 seconds

For Newish guys, 3-4.0 seconds for draw time is not unusual, and for guys that never practice or plan, 3.0-4.0 second draw would be fast from a holster with jacket/shirt covering over the holster.
I agree people who don't practice don't get the muscle memory when drawing and getting on target nor do they sharpen their senses to be vigilant. I've done various shooting classes and the one that sticks out the most was with a guy named Mike Seeklander. It basically came down to slow is smooth and smooth if fast. Start empty chamber move very slow to gain the muscle memory from draw to target. Slowly build up the speed using a timer, I use pact shot timer. Then add in dummy rounds and practice from holster to target then to trigger pull. Then to live fire. We were getting below the 1.5 sec time. I will admit I don't do it as much as I should and the reality is if the situation came about I would have a delay from the WTH moment.

Involved in a self defense shooting...

At the very least expect to do battle with the legal system.

Look into having a good attorney on tap and insurance if you CC.

Don't know what is available anymore since it's been some time for me, but the resources should be better now.