Concealed carry in my truck.

joseph

This is what I just finished to hide my full size American Classic II in.

I pulled out the bottom of the center console & traced it to a piece of card board for the "new" bottom.

Then I traced an outline of the pistol onto some foam filter material I got at Wal-Mart. Then trimmed it out with an X-acto knife leaving a cushion under the ACII, but high enough for the original bottom to cover everything when put in the console compartment with the original bottom on top as a false bottom. The photo on the right has everything including the ACII under the false bottom.

Hopefully if my truck gets broken into the ACII won't get discovered.

Here are the pictures of what I did.

joseph

PS: I copied this idea from someone else. I am also going to cut a half moon notch so I will be able to pull the false bottom off of the ACII with my finger.

Attachments

• console 1.JPG
    console 1.JPG
    114 KB · Views: 15
  • console 2.JPG
    console 2.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 23
  • console 3.JPG
    console 3.JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 14
  • console 4.JPG
    console 4.JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 18
  • console 5.JPG
    console 5.JPG
    157.2 KB · Views: 16
Sweet. I like it. The only thing I can see, is it is not quickly accessible. For secure storage, it looks ideal.

Not sure of the connection to long range hunting but cool idea and a great job. Congrats.

General Discussion forum:

General:

Definition of GENERAL

: involving, applicable to, or affecting the whole

: involving, relating to, or applicable to every member of a class, kind, or group <the general equation of a straight line>

: not confined by specialization or careful limitation

: belonging to the common nature of a group of like individuals : generic

a : applicable to or characteristic of the majority of individuals involved : prevalent b : concerned or dealing with universal rather than particular aspects

: relating to, determined by, or concerned with main elements rather than limited details <bearing a general resemblance to the original>

Discussion:

Definition of Discussion

: consideration of a question in open and usually informal debate
: a formal treatment of a topic in speech or writing

Thus this forum is for any discussion that you want to bring up and not just for Long Range shooting or hunting. That is why there is a Long Range Shooting Forum on here. Do you think that the Coyote Forum on here is only for Long Range shots?

What about the Fishing Forum? Are we only supposed to be posting if we caught a fish on a more than 100 yard cast?

Why don't you think before you post? Or is that too long range for you?

Joseph,

It is a neat idea and you did a great job with it. Have you tested to see how long it takes you to get that out if you need it right then and there? It might be too late for you by the time you get it out when the CRAP hits the fan while you are in your vehicle.

Joseph,

It is a neat idea and you did a great job with it. Have you tested to see how long it takes you to get that out if you need it right then and there? It might be too late for you by the time you get it out when the CRAP hits the fan while you are in your vehicle.

After I filled it up with the usual junk it took me 25 minutes to empty it before I got to the gun. HAHAHA

The purpose of the compartment is only to hinder a person that breaks into my truck from stealing my pistol. I have had one stolen from the center console compartment in the past. Its only use is when I can not carry concealed like at any property or building which is not allowed by law.

It is not for quick access since it's hard to get to. And besides I CC with a cross draw which is very handy when I am in the driver seat since I am right handed.

joseph

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts