80gr TTSX vs 110 NAB

CBRADGO

What are your experiences with either/both?

Both are .257 Weatherby factory loads, which one do I go with for MS whitetails and why? Unable to reload at this time so assuming both group well out of a bone stock M700 LSS, what do I buy? Trying to be as economical as possible...

What are your experiences with either/both?

Both are .257 Weatherby factory loads, which one do I go with for MS whitetails and why? Unable to reload at this time so assuming both group well out of a bone stock M700 LSS, what do I buy? Trying to be as economical as possible...

I've never seen a factory offering of the 80 TTSX. I handload them and the 110AB. Have hunted and taken game with both. I prefer the Barnes at the closer ranges I hunt (100-300yrds). you may benefit from the higher BC of the AB if you are shooting longer range.

Who factory loads the 80TTSX?

Weatherby loads them as a factory offering. Found 3 boxes of them Saturday. They're on the Weatherby site as well. Impressive ballistics, just want some real world proof before I drop $80 on a box. $4 a shot is tough to stomach if they aren't going to perform adequately. May have to anyways if they don't group well but I guess that's a risk I have to take...

gun)

I think you'll have to bite the bullet and buy both boxes. You don't have any idea which one will be accurate enough for your needs. I've had good luck with the TSX, but in 100g form in the .257, and handloaded. Every gun is different, and without handloading you are at the mercy of the factory. If you do find which one you like, take note of the lot number that should be on the box. Different lot #'s will shoot differently........

I've just started testing the 80g TTSX in my 257. I used R22 with loads from 75 to 76.5. Velocities ranged from 3750 to 3880. Accuracy was exceptionally good with all loads: under 1".

I would like to see the velocities get into the 3900 range. I have a 100g TTSX load at 3600 that will be hard to beat otherwise.​

I've just started testing the 80g TTSX in my 257. I used R22 with loads from 75 to 76.5. Velocities ranged from 3750 to 3880. Accuracy was exceptionally good with all loads: under 1".​

I would like to see the velocities get into the 3900 range. I have a 100g TTSX load at 3600 that will be hard to beat otherwise.​

That's nice too for the 100g. What's your OAL and what kind/how much powder? I'd like to have a base when I do start reloading...

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.