My new gun!!!!! I’m so excited about this, join me! 🤣

Calvin45

Here's a link to the existing thread about the subject matter, i have obtained the firearm and am ITCHING to get out shooting with my first true big bore!

Honestly tho I didn't get it just because I wanted an ackley. A Lott would be fine. But it was a beautiful powerful rifle that came with dies and brass on auction and I "needed" it 🤣

I do like the ackley more tho. That shoulder doesn't really matter for headspace or much gain in performance BUT…this cartridge has a very well defined neck with a clear beginning and end, unlike the Lott and win mag, which I do quite appreciate.

I had 450 Ackley pass through my hands a few years ago and it was a ton of fun. I don't think it did anything that a 458 Lott couldn't do, but it was so much cooler looking! I shot a handful of rabbits using reduced loads with Trail Boss and cast bullets just for fun, but the full power stuff never got used on anything except a lot of rocks. I spent a whole summer trying to get consistent hits on a 10" gong at 600 yards. The end result was a bad headache and a bruised shoulder. lol

I had 450 Ackley pass through my hands a few years ago and it was a ton of fun. I don't think it did anything that a 458 Lott couldn't do, but it was so much cooler looking! I shot a handful of rabbits using reduced loads with Trail Boss and cast bullets just for fun, but the full power stuff never got used on anything except a lot of rocks. I spent a whole summer trying to get consistent hits on a 10" gong at 600 yards. The end result was a bad headache and a bruised shoulder. lol
That is one thing im
Liking about this chambering..:the possibility of using very mild loads with relatively cheap bullets for fun as well

There is nothing like a new prairie dog gun to get a guy excited. Calvin, make sure you post pictures of the prairie dogs.
Or what's left of them.
If it's carnage you want I'll send a picture of my shirtless shoulder after a day of plinking instead 🤣. Honestly while that does sound awesome I'd bet money that a .257 wby with a varmint bullet at 4K would be MUCH more violent on prairie dogs for gratuitous gore purposes haha