7yr quest for a stone ram ends

sheepaholic

I have been hunting these ram for 7 yrs now and am blessed to livein beautiful B.C. and can just buy a tag well on this trip we drove many hrs and boated many hrs to get to our spot on july 27 we hike a total of 50 km (31 miles) We setup our tent at the base of our selected mountain on july 28 we spotted rams right awya and found a new band of rams every day. July 31 we had bad weather that forced us off the mountain with only finding 3 rams we were a little discorage when we woke up opening morning to more rain which thankfully ended shortly but then we had to deal with 70mph winds but we found the band of rams we were after and after a failed attemp by other hunters that acually spooked the rams towards us we made a 4hr stalk and i was able to harvest this ram at 70 yards. On a side note i had been shooting out to 600 yrds on my range at home and was prepared to make a long shot thankfully i didnt have to. The ram had 15 1/8" bases he was 39" long and green scored 168 5/8

Attachments

• DSC00468[1].jpg
    DSC00468[1].jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 76
  • DSC00469[1].JPG
    DSC00469[1].JPG
    111.2 KB · Views: 108
  • Brents ram 2011 002 (2).jpg
    Brents ram 2011 002 (2).jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 81
  • Brents ram 2011 005 (2).jpg
    Brents ram 2011 005 (2).jpg
    48 KB · Views: 87
  • DSC00471[1].JPG
    DSC00471[1].JPG
    107.5 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
Congradulations to you on a fine trophy. You made me ache with the effort you put in to it. Thanks for sharing.
Mike

man, i'm a little jealous. i would love to be able to sheep hunt, but I'm just waiting on draws and hopefully someday my number will be pulled.

congrats!! sounds like you earned it. it's a beautiful ram!! good work!

My wife is Canadian. She is always talking about retiring in B.C. After reading your story, it looks very tempting. By the time I retire, I'll probably need to be carried around in those mountains. Great hunt, congrats.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.