Amazing 7yr old

DCGS

Official LRH SPONSOR
Ok I know many of you heard me speak of my friend Jett. This we weekend we went to his place to hunt. To give Mom a break we took all but one of the kids along. I have told stories of his son John making long range shots before but he is 13. This one is about his daughter, Mary Pat. Saturday morning I took John,a friend of his Charlie to one stand and Jett took Mary Pat and Joe Joe with him ( Joe Joe is 4 ). A deer came out and Mary Pat wanted to shoot but the only guns had along were to big. After the morning hunt we were talking and I told him I had my 6x47 Lapua. We took her to the range to let her try it. She couldn't sit and get to the scope so she had to stand behind the bench. My gun is zeroed at 250yds. After helping her get lined up and a few minor tips on what to look for ( the cross hairs ) she let one fly. Jett and I looked at each other, dead center. Ok any body can get lucky, shoot one more. Bang, right beside the first shot. Here are some pics of her and the target. John better keep practicing little sister is coming.

Attachments

• Mary Pat 001.jpg
    Mary Pat 001.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 52
  • Mary Pat 002.jpg
    Mary Pat 002.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 48
  • Mary Pat 004.jpg
    Mary Pat 004.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 55
I love it! I did the same thing with my neices when they were five and seven. They loved my old model 70 7mm Mag and I had both of them ringing the stell at 200yds in one afternoon.

Get'm hooked YOUNG!

Awesome shooting! Thanks for taking the time to work with a youngster. Shooting is a great sport for kids. It teaches them to be responsible and along with many other benefits gives them something they can do and be proud of....... Just look at the pictures!

Thanks for the kind words but I was the lucky one. Watching a kid do something for the first time even if the results aren't as good as Mary Pat's is hard to describe. Teaching good kids and seeing results is a treat for me. Besides at the end of the day or weekend they go home to there parents. I guess it seems easy when you aren't around them all the time but being a parent has got to be the hardest job on the world. It's is Jett and his wife plus all the other parents that do the hard part. I wish that the anti gun people in D.C. could see the happy face in these pictures. Dan

Yup. It is pretty tough sometimes but they have a part of your heart locked inside of them the minute they are born. The rewards of watching them grow, love and trust you with all of their heart is much greater than the hard times. My wife stays at home with my son and I tell her all the time that she has a way harder job than I do and I can get shot doing my job!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.