The devil ram

A big thank you to all you guys for your kind words. Uncle B will chime in on this one as soon as he has time. As 7mmrhb said, B is trying to catch up on business after being gone so long. I think he's ready to head back to the desert!

The bullet used was a 225 Accubond.

I don't know about the camo speedo but it was warm enough to wear one if you had one. Daytime temps were 70 to 80 degrees and nightime temps were around 40. Water temp was 60 degrees. And the water was glass most of the time. Very unusual for Lake Powell.

And we passed only about 3 houseboats and maybe 4 or 5 ski boats the entire time. The off-season is the best time to be on the lake for sure.

Here is some more pics:

This is the ram's official scoresheet
bsramscoresheet.jpg

And more pics of the desert hayfields:
hayfieldburninghills.jpg

rockcreek.jpg

rockcreek2.jpg

wiregrass.jpg

padrebay.jpg

And our boat in camp on the bay:
ourbeachedboatthemorningbeforetheki.jpg

And here are some ewes through my spotting scope at about 2.5 miles away. Can you see them? There are three.
wiregrassewes.jpg

And the ram we passed up earlier in the hunt:
ram142.jpg

And the fishcops plugging and measuring the ram:
pluggingbsram.jpg

A big huge congratulations to UncleB and GG. Most folks would have given up long before due to many reasons. You guys did awesome. Good example of perseverance!

What king of angle was the shot made at?
That looks pretty steep!

Good going Uncle B and GG. Great story and thanks for all the great pics. I dream about sheep hunting EVERY day and I'm very jealous. :D

But what's up with all of the 666 yd rangefinder readings? I believe if that number pops up on mine I'll wait for the animal to take a step in either direction.:eek:

Congrats guys!!!!

Say, if you would not mind, could you send me an e-mail with that pic of you two and the ram on it so I can print it out and put it on the Wall of Fame!!!

Again, congrats!!!

Kirby Allen(50)

I enjoyed that to the fullest! Thanks for taking the time to share those magnificent pictures and the time to post them!
Lake Powell and the Moab area is second to none for the Beauty and the breathtaking views! What a hunt you both had! That country can make a guy feel pretty insignificant.
Nice job! Thanks

Awesome! Kudos to you guys for the hard work and the payoff! Don't know what kind of vudu you've got going to draw those tags. The pics and story are fantastic, as usual. I always look forward to your posts.

666 is kinda stretchy for the gl2. Do you have a doubler on it? How did the footage turn out? Stop zooming at the end of the opical zoom? Makin' a video?? Sign me up.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.