7ss vs 280 sherman?

Maybe this isn't the place for this, but here goes...
I am the guy "who still has a wife" that wrote that thread. FFS, Remington has had more call backs than Tikka.
Misdirected anger? I'm not sure where the "who still has a wife" quote is coming from...I never said that.

I am glad your wife is ok, but I still wouldn't own a Tikka. I've been saying that for many many years before your incident. I've dealt with P. Baretta's customer service first-hand when I worked at the gun store. The only reason they were so instantly helpful with you, is because they're in full CYA mode hoping you don't sue them. Under any other normal circumstances, their customer service could give 2 flying craps about your weapon's cycling, extraction, or accuracy issue(s). Seen it first-hand. For the record, Schmidt & Bender and Swarovski don't like it when you call them with a defective product either... At least, they didn't back when I had to deal with them.

Also, yes, Remington certainly has had their share of issues over the years (the trigger thing is not really their fault, but the lawyers made Mike Walker say it was), but one of them is not a rash of rifles blowing up for no obvious reason. For the record, i'm not saying they build a better product, just stating that the rifles blowing up issue has never been one of Remington's problems.

For the action I can get a new Remington action for $450. Trigger tech trigger was my plan for a trigger was thinking a grayboe Terrain stock dbm, brux #5 fluted finished 26" action will get trued and bolt lugs lapped bedded stock. Proably put on a leupold vx5hd 3-15 for scope.
Those Stocky's Long Range Carbon Fiber stocks are supposed to be really nice and solid. Like an inexpensive Manners. Rich had one, maybe he can give us some first-hand knowledge on them. I've been thinking about swapping out a few of my newer HS Precision 5R Milspec stocks (big palmswell) for the Stocky's stocks.

You can't beat the Stockeys for the price at $200. They are low frills but are comfortable to shoot prone and turned my 280 Sherman into an accurate shooter when I replaced the original wooden stock.

I don't think they make them stockys in left handed that's the issue with me I use the wrong hand. Plus the carbon fiber ones are like $550 not? That's what I'm seeing on there site.

I'd rather have to buy a trigger, than a whole new rifle after it blows up for no reason...

Did you see the recent thread about the guy who's wife's Tikka just blew up for no reason... And apparently others had heard of the same thing happening multiple other times all over the country. I think I'd rather take my chances in an aluminum foil suit in a rainstorm.

The rifle is going to be a custom anyway, might as well drop a Timney or Trigger Tech back in it while he's got it pulled apart at the smith. ;)

This post makes me laugh. Pretty sure I read more speculation about the wrong size bullet getting sent down the barrel then I did about the problem being the rifle. Including you posting something about the wrong size bullet. So was it the bullet or rifle? I only read until the OP lawyered up and haven't read further. So maybe there is conclusive evidence that it was the rifle now but I doubt the investigation is over yet.

And I'm sorry but I don't believe everything I read on the internet. Especially a my buddies second cousins grandma had a rifle blow up. I know there are a lot of gullible people out there that see something typed and call it the truth. So when someone piles on a legit thread and says I heard bla bla bla at the range the other day I don't take that as a credible source.

I'm curious who has had more rifle recalls in the last 10 years? Tikka or Remington? Also if you want to talk about *** owners look at the investors that own Remington. Complete crooks.

Do you own a 7SS or a 280 Sherman? Do you own any SS or any Sherman?

This post makes me laugh. Pretty sure I read more speculation about the wrong size bullet getting sent down the barrel then I did about the problem being the rifle. Including you posting something about the wrong size bullet. So was it the bullet or rifle? I only read until the OP lawyered up and haven't read further. So maybe there is conclusive evidence that it was the rifle now but I doubt the investigation is over yet.

And I'm sorry but I don't believe everything I read on the internet. Especially a my buddies second cousins grandma had a rifle blow up. I know there are a lot of gullible people out there that see something typed and call it the truth. So when someone piles on a legit thread and says I heard bla bla bla at the range the other day I don't take that as a credible source.

I'm curious who has had more rifle recalls in the last 10 years? Tikka or Remington? Also if you want to talk about *** owners look at the investors that own Remington. Complete crooks.

Do you own a 7SS or a 280 Sherman? Do you own any SS or any Sherman?
I'm kind of confused by the random hostility from several members the last couple days... I can't recall ever having any negative direct interaction with you.

As far as whether I own any of Rich's cartridges, no I don't, why? What's your point? Just because I don't own one doesn't mean I don't understand how his cartridges are designed and how they function. I have been one of Rich's biggest proponents on this forum since he introduced his cartridges, because I know they are a good design.

Remington might have had more recalls...Don't know? I'm sure if Tikka had been round since 1816, they might have had just as many. Yes, Remington's board are a bunch of morons and rich old Fudds, I've said that many times over the years...And quite a few times on here.

Wow did this thread get off tract fast. We can drop the Tikka deal, this thread isn't about that. I'm going to be using a Remington based action no matter what. Was just asking for some advice on a build and was hoping to hear some good advice which there has been some but we don't need to be nagging on each other. Let's just enjoy the forum.

TG-5150 glad your wife is ok I wasn't harping in you about getting back on track, you did get back on track, but the others just keep on going on about it.

Elk and moose, why not go for the gusto and build a 338SS shooting big pills. If there's enough of us chambering it then maybe we can politley ask for 338 headstamped brass too. ;) Regardless of which caliber you choose, the SS lineup is even more appealing now with Rich's ADG brass.

Elk and moose, why not go for the gusto and build a 338SS shooting big pills. If there's enough of us chambering it then maybe we can politley ask for 338 headstamped brass too. ;) Regardless of which caliber you choose, the SS lineup is even more appealing now with Rich's ADG brass.
And it's coming to Canada! Bighorn supplies in Houston, B.C. will be importing through an exporter here in the states.

Rich what all will Gary be bringing into Canada? I've dealt with him a few times. Excellent customer service! Look forward to being able to access some of the Sherman line. Now if my cooper 280AI would sell I could start another Sherman build.

Rich what all will Gary be bringing into Canada? I've dealt with him a few times. Excellent customer service! Look forward to being able to access some of the Sherman line. Now if my cooper 280AI would sell I could start another Sherman build.
He's looking at brass I know. Maybe dies and reamers if you coax him!

And it's coming to Canada! Bighorn supplies in Houston, B.C. will be importing through an exporter here in the states.

You guys got it figured out, glad it worked out!!!!!!!!! nice. I've put my 338SS in the safe until I could get my hands on that brass. Sooooo excited.

You can get the Gunwerks GRB in left hand for 850. It has all the cool mods and is straight out of the box. By the time your remington is fixed your past that price wise. Keby's Atlas is another for 950. Mechanical ejector.
Both fit in a rem footprint stocks

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.