6.5 Sherman VS 280 Ackley Improved

That's actually nice to know. I forgot about that. I all ways get a hunting book where I hunt and brush up for that state. Every state is different. I remember when I went To Colorado 1 year with some friends on a elk hunt. I shot me a couple coyotes and 1 bobcat. It was about 2 or 3 hours after sundown. Man those people I USED to hunt with were upset with me for shooting those varmints. 1 of the guys was a friend of mines dad. I asked him if he ever read the hunting manual? I all ways high light some stuff in there for a quick reference for what I'm doing. Specially out of state. It says you can hunt all the varmints you want until you fill your elk tag. The next day he shot a elk about a hour before sunset. He field his tag out and everything with the time on it. I started laughing so hard. I told him please tell me you did not wright that time down on there at a hour before sun rise. He told me yes he did. Yep that was a hefty fine. He was so proud of his elk. I sat down with everybody and went over a few things with them in the hunting guide. You can not shot game animals ( that need a tag ) 30 min before sunrise and 30 min after sunset. He has hunted in Colorado for almost 30 years and did not know that. I was a little shocked. I've been back a few times by myself. Just not as fun. Hunting should be about family and friends. Follow the rules when ya hunt. If you don't know something I would all ways ask a game warded. Ask if they will go over the rules with you. I've had some point stuff out in the hunting guid for me. They have all bin supper nice To me. All ways willing to help me.
P9.
Many states quote legal shooting hrs 1/2 before sunrise to 1/2 hr after.but not to sure how many states llow 9 year olds to get hunter safety before 12.just saying

P9.

Many states quote legal shooting hrs 1/2 before sunrise to 1/2 hr after.but not to sure how many states llow 9 year olds to get hunter safety before 12.just saying
Best advice I can give is just check. I have hunted in several State and the 30 min rule seams to apply everywhere on game animals. If you have to tag it you have to follow the rules. Varmints you can hunt 24-7. I would follow your hunting guide cause it changes every year.

I think a switch barrel in 6.5 and 338 would cover every single need or desire for hunting I'd ever have.
What's the recoil on his 338 comparable to? My old 6.5 was a kitten, even that 7SS you built for me was a pretty easy shooter.
Hmm...
Wilkup,
I have a switch-barrel 6.5AI and a 338 Sherman. Have brakes on both. Both shoot 0.5 moa to 400 (my personal limit). The 338 is absolutely no problem recoil wise. It is a real thumper with 205 or 213gr Hammers. Love both calibers.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.