7mm Rem mag, 180 Bergers and Reloder 26

50K truck?? Your dreaming ha ha. I'm a Deputy for my Sheriffs department, we don't make that kind of money...half that is pushing it.

I have tried rl26, I'm getting 3020 from the 180. 26" factory tube. Some more load development to come, but it's gonna hang around 3000 I'm pretty sure, it's a good node with very small e.s. and great accuracy. Just need to fine tune it in the new hornady brass we got for this rifle and it will be ready for trajectory validation and practice for season. My cousin and I both have 2 antelope, an elk, a deer, and he has a second deer in idaho to kill, so we should get some good testing this fall.
I wanna hear more about how this all turned out. I have some 180 VLD's and Hybrids I wanna find a load with. Just curious what you found with the RE-26

He doesn't even have the rifle any more, but we ended up running 3020 fps, there was another good node at 3060 that shot well but killed brass in like 2-3 fireings. Switched to some ADG brass and HBN coated the 180's, and it ran great at 3060, after 4 fireings the primer pockets still felt new. That was with 70.2 grains of RL26. I will also say, in other 7 mags I have loaded since then, not all have been able to run that fast, this barrel was a pretty fast one. Most I have loaded end up at 2950-3000 maxed out. He ended up building something lighter though for our back country hunts.

He doesn't even have the rifle any more, but we ended up running 3020 fps, there was another good node at 3060 that shot well but killed brass in like 2-3 fireings. Switched to some ADG brass and HBN coated the 180's, and it ran great at 3060, after 4 fireings the primer pockets still felt new. That was with 70.2 grains of RL26. I will also say, in other 7 mags I have loaded since then, not all have been able to run that fast, this barrel was a pretty fast one. Most I have loaded end up at 2950-3000 maxed out. He ended up building something lighter though for our back country hunts.
Roger that. My barrel seems to be pretty quick but I burned up over half of my Hybrids farting around with other powders. Now I'd like to nail something down with the 26 and still have a few rounds left to hunt with. What primers were you using? I'd feel comfortable starting at 68gr and working up til pressure based off your findings

I would start at 66 or less just to be safe, the 70.2 grain load was with an HBN coated bullet, and the load before that with naked bullets was 68.5 I believe, and just a little bit under pressure signs in this gun with these components. We were using CCI mag primers. I think when we HBN coated the 180's and switched to ADG, we also switched for fed GM215M primers.

I would start at 66 or less just to be safe, the 70.2 grain load was with an HBN coated bullet, and the load before that with naked bullets was 68.5 I believe, and just a little bit under pressure signs in this gun with these components. We were using CCI mag primers. I think when we HBN coated the 180's and switched to ADG, we also switched for fed GM215M primers.
I looked back through my load book and found where I did a pressure test with RE 26 and the Hybrid. I stopped at 68 and that was with a garbage scale that usually came in 1 grain low. So you are correct. I think 68 would be getting into pressure in most instances. I was gonna load some more up with the new scale and see what I got but I chickened out because I only have about 6 pound of 26 left and I loaded some with H4831 instead. We'll see what happens

In one Rem 700 long range, we hit an accuracy node with the 180g Berger vld hunting at 3030 fps, cci 250 and R#26, Rem brass...bug hole groups.

Cody, fed brass is pretty soft in the case head!

Keith

I've got a rem 700 long range that I'm running 180 eld-m at 3053 in adg brass with 68 grains of rl-26. It's not showing pressure but I'm going to back off slightly because I don't want to beat my brass up too bad.

I've got a rem 700 long range that I'm running 180 eld-m at 3053 in adg brass with 68 grains of rl-26. It's not showing pressure but I'm going to back off slightly because I don't want to beat my brass up too bad.
I have the same rifle but I run mine at 2,884 in Hornady brass just because I don't see the need for speed with that bullet. It retains enough velocity and energy to my hunting limit of 800. And it's really easy on the brass

I have the same rifle but I run mine at 2,884 in Hornady brass just because I don't see the need for speed with that bullet. It retains enough velocity and energy to my hunting limit of 800. And it's really easy on the brass
The 180 eld is a very slippey bullet. When I was using hornady brass I was only getting 2958 with it. Hornady brass just could take the pressure this adg stuff does