7 rum

SemperFi

I would like some info on reloading the 7 rum. I am not new to reloading, been doing it for 40 yrs. I have read that there are problems with pressure spikes when loading for the 7mm rum. If anyone has experience with this cartridge please advise.

Thanks!

SemperFi

No problem at all for me.

It likes full load off Retumbo or RL25 with 154 gr bullets and up.

people that have problems with the rum are usually the ones underloading it and getting dents in the shoulder of the case from failure to seal and gas blow back from the low pressure. I've ran 150s very fast with older lot# RL25 and 150 partitions (amongst a whole bunch of other loads also). Anymore I just load 90.6 gr IMR 7828, rem case, OAL to fit magazine on Model 700 LSS (Approx 3.670) Rem 9.5M primer, 140 gr Accubond for a pedestrian 3400 fps. Its just an easy consistent load for me. Its no trick to get some real fast velocity out of the 7 with the right powder. The trick is to get a safe, fast, accurate, consistent load.....and then stop yourself and go kill animals with it. lol

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.