7 RUM load

A friend of mine just worked up a load for a 7 Rum, factory. He is shooting Berger 195's. And so far they are shooting great out to 500yds. He is using 7828. Not trying to hijack chickm1 tread.

I'm not trying to jack the thread either, I figured it is good information for the OP to consider, as well as other 7 RUM owners. Usually all we hear is the 28 Nosler guys telling us the RUM is dead . Is your friend using the 195's at mag length?

You don't have the twist to shoot over 168.

Why?? at 3100 fps with a 180, my rifle meets stability calculator requirements and shoots 1" groups at 200 yards... It is a stock rem 700lss lh in 7rum... I'm shooting the 180 sierra hpbt with a mild load of retumbo; about 3.8" oal for this load...

As to the op's request for info on 140's with a 7rum... I was using a top load of rl25 with a 140 sierra pro hunter in my last 7rum and took deer to 800 yards with it... My Pop's old 7rum shot the 140 ab with a top load of rl22. Both loads were to mag. length.

I am going to make one more run at loading for this girl. I just really have a problem with letting it beat me. haha. Plus. I have been looking at cost of rebarreling to 7 STW, and the cost of brass issue, and none of it is good.

I am going to make one more run at loading for this girl. I just really have a problem with letting it beat me. haha. Plus. I have been looking at cost of rebarreling to 7 STW, and the cost of brass issue, and none of it is good.
make sure everything is tight on the rifle too. sometimes a loose action screw or something creeps in and bites you with crappy groups.
As to the stw, unless you want to pay for nosler or form brass, I'd shy away from that one for a spell... I have a lh rem 700 in 7stw that I re-bbl'ed with a select match shilen, but I had a bunch of brass at my disposal.

I run 89 grains Retumbo with a federal 215 primer and a Berger hunting vld 180. This shoots 3121fps from a magneto speed and in a factory LSS 5/8" groups @ 100 yds. It shoots well out to 750 yds. The next thing I will get a new stock with bedding, trigger, muzzlebreak, wyatts magazine box 4.100, cerakote and some bolt fluting. The barrel is fresh so I am gonna run it till its done and then go with a brux. I am loaded @ mag length currently. After the Wyatts box this will all change.

I run 89 grains Retumbo with a federal 215 primer and a Berger hunting vld 180. This shoots 3121fps from a magneto speed and in a factory LSS 5/8" groups @ 100 yds. It shoots well out to 750 yds. The next thing I will get a new stock with bedding, trigger, muzzlebreak, wyatts magazine box 4.100, cerakote and some bolt fluting. The barrel is fresh so I am gonna run it till its done and then go with a brux. I am loaded @ mag length currently. After the Wyatts box this will all change.

I just looked @ my load data and this load is 3.035 comparator length. It will not fit in magazine.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.