7mm RUM Load Data

THUMPER7MMRUM

Im shooting a remington sendero in 7mm Ultra mag. Any load data that you guys have awould be appreciated.

I've been shooting 150 swift scirocco's and like them thus far. Most of my hunting consists of deer and shots @ 300-500yds.

I would like to stay around 150gr and higher for better b/c and stability, but am open to suggestions.

I am still fairly green behind the ears as far as reloading goes.... So take it easy on a brotha!:D I am not proficient enuff to drift too far away from the manual data and be comfortable with it! Thanks guys.

My sendero liked:

94 gr Retumbo/168 SMK/9.5 M Rem
94 gr Retumbo/168 Berger VLDs/9.5 M Rem
89 gr Retumbo/180 Berger VLD/9.5 M rem
I don't remember the length of the SMKs but both bergers were seated to 3.65" and just barely fit in my magazine

Good luck and please start lower than the listed loads.

One of my favorite rifles is my Sako 75 7mm Ultra. Glad to see other people using and enjoying the caliber. I shoot the 150 gr swift in mine as well and it is frighteningly accurate, especially for a bone stock rifle. It likes a full case of H50BMG lit by Fed 215s, with concentration and good conditions it will put five in slightly over 1/2 " at 100 yards. Lyman manual says 104 gr is max, I am safely at 105, however always work up carefully as the 7 ultra can be quite finnicky! This load has cleanly taken Nilgai at 300 and should knock any whitetail @$$ over tea kettle at the ranges you specify while not liquifying them at closer ranges.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.