7 RUM brass

WeiserBucks

Got a rifle on the way, time to buy brass . Looks like Norma and Nosler are the only game in town, which do I choose and why ? Never used either brand , always used Lapua brass in my other rifles.

Got a rifle on the way, time to buy brass . Looks like Norma and Nosler are the only game in town, which do I choose and why ? Never used either brand , always used Lapua brass in my other rifles.

Nosler brass is made by Norma. I prefer the Nosler, because they polish the cases, and they anneal, chamfer, deburr, and weight-sort the brass before the package it. Some argue Norma does this, and they do most of that, but they don't polish it up afterwards, which is not that big of a deal, but it's a nice touch and to me, is one less step to do the first firing, and is easier to polish after the first cleaning. I use Norma for my .300WM, and it is great brass, too. Either will be a good option. But all-things-said, I prefer the Nosler stuff. My Nosler brass averages less than 1.5 grain variation per lot. Most of the time less than 1 grain, and sometimes closer to .5 grains.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.