7MM RUM Brass

joelbiltz

I just bought a new Sendero SF 2 in 7 MM Rum and was wondering if remington brass is all I have to choose from.

I am almost positive that Remington is all you can get. I bought 100 pieces of new 7RUM brass and had to discard 3 of them for split necks right out of the bag. I hope that isn't a trend.

Remington brass is all there is. You can choose from either virgin brass or factory loaded ammo. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

JD338

joelbiltz,
I would recommend getting some Nosler 300 ultra and necking them down to 7mm. This is a very easy process and should only take one step.Cost of Nosler brass is about $1.00 per case but well worth the money as it is weight sorted and preped. Sounds like you got yourself a nice rifle.Hope it shoots good for you.
308nate

joeblitz
what bullet and powder combo you workin on?
I've used 140gr Combined Tech. BST and IMR 7828 with awesome results, took a TX white-tail doe @ 300yds+ with it.
Was getting .4" groups @ 100yds.
The 7RUM is a hot burning round, so shot very slow in between rounds.(of course you already know)
Hope this helps
-tim

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.