6mm chambering

Your action & magazine is so short and doesn't leave you many options to use anything longer than a WSSM cartridge. I'm not telling you what to do but you probably have enough room to run a long heavy 224 bullet in a 223 wssm chamber with a long throat so you can seat the bullet out above the neck shoulder junction. Something like a 88 eld, 95 smk, or 85.5 Berger etc.... You would need 7.5 to 8 twist barrel. You should be able to push those weight bullets to around 3300 fps give or take 50fps. This would work for deer sized game & less

Your action & magazine is so short and doesn't leave you many options to use anything longer than a WSSM cartridge. I'm not telling you what to do but you probably have enough room to run a long heavy 224 bullet in a 223 wssm chamber with a long throat so you can seat the bullet out above the neck shoulder junction. Something like a 88 eld, 95 smk, or 85.5 Berger etc.... You would need 7.5 to 8 twist barrel. You should be able to push those weight bullets to around 3300 fps give or take 50fps. This would work for deer sized game & less
Hunting deer with a .224 caliber is not legal for deer hunting in my state. But I'll probably just slap a new barrel on it or just sell it

I have a Winchester m70 super shadow 243wssm That I shoot steel with and a loaner rifle. The barrel is shot out in it and I'm looking to put a new barrel on it. Question I have is do I keep the wssm or go for a 6mm that any barrel manufacture can chamber and save me the money on a reamer. But I'll have to change the bolt face. Any 6mm suggestions would be great.
some one on this forum might have a good take off barrel in the wssm calibers