6467 yards worth of a Varmint Hunters Grand Slam!!!

Buffalobob,

Well, it was not supposed to happen that way but it just did. Chucks showed up where they were not supposed to be???

As always, I will take some luck when it falls on my shoulders!!

Kirby Allen(50)

Dave,

I want to write up an entire article about Black Sunshine from the dream stage to today and submit it to Varmint Hunters but I do not have any contacts that will print it.

John Antanies who is a contributing editor for The Varmint Hunters magazine contacted me a couple weeks ago and wanted to do an article about the rifle and round and said he would get back in touch but I have yet to hear back from him.

I think I will write up an article and send it into the managing editor and see if I can get them to bite. We will see.

I know I looked a little sour in the first couple pics but I was really trying on that last one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif!! I guess I am a little better at shooting and building rifles then smiling!!!

Thanks for the kind words!!

Kirby Allen(50)

Awesome shooting Kirby. I've told a couple guys about the 2000+ chuck and they dont believe it. 1 guy said something along the lined that it had to be a 30 cal bullet or bigger, I assured them it was just a wee bigger then a 30 cal bullet. I told them about the round, the bullet, the muzzle velocity, the rifle and I dont really know if they understood any of it to be honest with ya. But all in all, you completed something a lot of people never will. Congratulations once again!

Kirby ,

I to have told some people about ol'black sunshine and they just give me a long look.
You've truly pulled off an amazing feat and i'm sure it ain't over.
Those hangfires that your Dad expierenced are a bummer.

IMO people don't trust you if you smile alot /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif---> Mike

Wow, the whole writeup was excellent. I actually forgot where I was and imagined you and your Dad going after that chuck. Those ranges are simply fantastic, I'd be ecstatic to reach out half that distance /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Thanks for the distraction Kirby, and Congrats!

Kirby,
Good shooting!
Also congratulate your dad for me, he did awesome.
Now, to be honest with you, I'm more impressed with you
almost smiling in that last picture than anything else. You're a good shot, and it's a matter of time before you accomplish what you set out to do, I guess we're all expecting that; but you smiling... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif LOL That's something else!
Good Shooting my friend! You've done well with the shooting and the smiling!!!

Well Kirby , once again you made something very difficult seem awfully easy!!! Well done on the VHA Slam. It puts you in a very elite group of people. I hope it doesn't go to your head and you stop talking to us. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Great shooting ----RHB---

Huge Congrats to you and your father! Its just amazing what you've done. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I can't wait to start ordering rifles from you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Kirby,
If it doesn't work out with the writer, you might contact Steve. He has written several articles in VH over the years.
It was all smiles for me as I read your post.
I do tend to agree with the majority on the smile issue.
I guess everyone has their weaknesses /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Are you starting to desire the 3k mark yet on a varmint???

7mmRHB,

I do not know about easy but it is possible much more often then I would have imagined it would be.

I don;t think anything will be going to my head. You guys know who I am and that is not one that is full of himself. The way I look at thinks, the instant you think you know it all is when you are made a fool of by someone that is better then you. Never fails.

I just want to build rifles, do some shooting and hang out with good people like all of you here at LRH. I am not looking for greener pastures, there are no greener out there in my opinion.

I appreciate the support!!

Kirby Allen(50)

XP,

If I do not hear back from John I will certainly have to give Steve a call. I have read several of his articles in LRH and he would be great for an article on Black Sunshine.

I am trying to smile more!! Ya got to admit I don't look as crabby in the more recent pics!! ITs a start!!

Yes I am thinking 3000 yards already, But first its Dad and brothers turn at the 1.5K club. I will do some testing on milk jugs at 3000 yards before I try for a live target. I will also need to upgrade my scope. I think a NF NXS 5.5-22 is in order. With a 40 moa rail the big IOR is topped out at the 2300 yard range or so. The reticle can get you more reach but the NFs 100 moas would really come in handy.

THe IOR is listed as having 65 moa, mine is right at 59 moa of total adjustment so I NEED More for 3000 yard shooting.

Kirby Allen(50)

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.