6467 yards worth of a Varmint Hunters Grand Slam!!!

[ QUOTE ]
Eaglet,

Thanks for the kind words. I am trying on the smiling thing!!!

Hows your sendero shooting?

Kirby Allen(50)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm very happy with it, my son William thinks my 300 RUM Sendero kicks less than his 243 Winch., and thats using 210.0 gr. Berger at 3150 f/s. We have gotten groups at 300 and 100 yds under 0.7 MOA... IT'S coming in!!! There is a particular load that is printing right around 0.6 MOA. It's a matter of time now, I'll be happy with right around 0.5 MOA at 300 yards. That'd be good for a factory rifle. Thanks again! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Eaglet. I am shooting 2 different 210g's, one being the berger vld, the other being the uld rbbt. What powder combo you using to achieve 3150fps? Just curious. I have been using H1000 and Retumbo, mainly Retumbo @88g. My rifles seem to like 3000fps with good accuracy. I can push them to 3100fps, but accuracy falls off and thats no good.

Kirby,

Believe me I will.. The problem is on my end, certainly not yours. I've already got 3 different rifle projects in mind. Now I just need to save to have you build em. Believe me I will call you the minute I have the money to get started. Thanks again and Congrats again to you!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Eaglet,

Thanks for the kind words. I am trying on the smiling thing!!!

Hows your sendero shooting?

Kirby Allen(50)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm very happy with it, my son William thinks my 300 RUM Sendero kicks less than his 243 Winch., and thats using 210.0 gr. Berger at 3150 f/s. We have gotten groups at 300 and 100 yds under 0.7 MOA... IT'S coming in!!! There is a particular load that is printing right around 0.6 MOA. It's a matter of time now, I'll be happy with right around 0.5 MOA at 300 yards. That'd be good for a factory rifle. Thanks again! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Kirby doesnt know it yet but I'll be contacting him soon to do the same exact job on my Sendero that he did to yours /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Oops, I guess he knows now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Eaglet, I'll have to try that load and see how it fares in mine. Trying a new range this weekend, I'll be asking their opinions on rifles equipped with brakes. So many around here are turning shooters away that have them installed lately.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

sniperVLS,
Yup! some places don't like muzzle brakes.
Kirby installed in my Sendero Shawn Carlocks Defensive Edge muzzle brake. I think it looks very nice and works awesome!
Sendero_Brake_1.jpg

Kirby, congrats & once again great shooting!!

I think your Dad has nerves of steel. It doesn't happen with my muzzleloaders now, but in the old days on rare occassions I would get hangfires while shooting for groups.
When this happened even after a cleaning it could affect your concentration, but at 2,100 yds, that's tough no doubt!!

Congrats on the grand slam Kirby. I just wish I could find somewhere roud here to shoot somekind of vermin. It is also good to know that someone gets about the same amount and kind of attention for smiling as I do.

Redbone,

I am using the IOR 9-36x 56mm Tactical scope with the MP-8 reticle. This scope has the 35mm main tube.

Its a great scope. Clearity and sharpness are right there with the NF scopes. I will say there is just a hint of yellow tint to the image at around 30x and up but clearity and sharpness remain amazing.

Only thing I would change is that the reticle is calibrated for 10X. I am sure this is because this is the standard x setting for most tactical training and for good reason but why build a scope with that much top end only to calibrate the reticle at 10X??

I think I will be upgrading here soon as I will be pushing things to +2500 yards and also I want to start testing at 3000 yards and my current 40 moa rail base with this scope(59 moa vertical adjustment) just will not get me much past 2500 yards.

I was thinking of getting a NF NXS 5.5-22 with its 100 moa of vertical adjustment and use a set of Ivey Rings which have another 150 moa of adjustment. All combined, that would give me 290 moa of vertical adjustment with my current 40 moa rail.

Should allow me to reach the 2 mile mark easily.

More to come!!

Kirby Allen(50)

Kirby and his 2 mile goal...

Here I am playing with the 1/2 mile mark and he's going for 2 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kirby,

A truely noteworthy accomplishment, nicely done. But as always outstanding is never good enough, let us know how 2500 and 3000 go. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

SniperVLS,

I just happen to have a 60 lb rilfe with the ability to stay supersonic WAY OUT THERE. Makes things alot easier my friend.

Do not even think that 1/2 mile shots are not long shots in anyones book espeically mine, because that is a serious poke for sure!!

I will soon drop back to my big game rifles to start preparing for the upcoming season and we will both be working at the 1/2 mile mark!!

Kirby Allen(50)

Shawn,

I think its getting time to pull back the throttle on Black Sunshine and start getting ready for a hunt we have planned this fall. I hear it may be on TV, better get ready so I do not make a fool of myself!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kirby Allen(50)

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.