6.5 creedmoor heavy bullet powder

Doing a ladder test??

Yeah, pressure/ chrono velocity ladder since I've never used them in the CM before. Will only be able to make it to the 200 yard range if I can get out this week so not far enough for any real drops/ OCW.

I'm looking for a 1200 yard comp load out of this rifle so the plan is seat to 0.020" off lands. I'm not going to run a full coarse seating depth test first (the Berger big-jump method). I'll check bullet base/neck junction to see where they'd seat too deep and see if I could squeeze them to a second coarse depth, but if they don't run sat out close I'm doubting I'll try to stuff them super deep because of the case capacity trade off.

With the 150 sierra I hit 2875 with rl-26
Nice, is that the 1755? I found .360" for bearing surface length on that bullet, does that sound correct? One of my concerns is the Bergers have such a long bearing surface that they'll be slowed down.

Let me know how they do and what kind of speeds you get out of them I'm building a bench gun for 200 meters 26 inch barrel I do have a 8 twist not sure if they will work in a 8 twist but I'm gonna try since bullets are hard to get right now

Yeah, pressure/ chrono velocity ladder since I've never used them in the CM before. Will only be able to make it to the 200 yard range if I can get out this week so not far enough for any real drops/ OCW.

I'm looking for a 1200 yard comp load out of this rifle so the plan is seat to 0.020" off lands. I'm not going to run a full coarse seating depth test first (the Berger big-jump method). I'll check bullet base/neck junction to see where they'd seat too deep and see if I could squeeze them to a second coarse depth, but if they don't run sat out close I'm doubting I'll try to stuff them super deep because of the case capacity trade off.

Nice, is that the 1755? I found .360" for bearing surface length on that bullet, does that sound correct? One of my concerns is the Bergers have such a long bearing surface that they'll be slowed down.
Yep that's the one. .360 sounds about right. It's a slippery little bugger that's for sure

IN Peterson brass 47/RL26 is a big no!!!. Using coated 147s 46.3 was giving heavy swipes once fireformed. Naked 45 is a usable max in Peterson brass.

RL-16 works well. I went through the same stuggle figuring out varget isn't great with heavier bullets. I shoot mostly 130 class bullets in my 6.5 CM's and varget is showing to work really well for me. I do have very short barrels though, I use 16", 18" and 20" rifles.

I'm build a 6.5 creedmoor for bench shooting matches I've thought about trying the Berger hybrid 153.5 bullets I know a little heavy for the creedmoor but just curious if anyone has ever tried magpro powder in a creedmoor Berger gave me some data and I wounder if it really would work in the creed and they are claiming 2750 max but curious if anyone has ever tried this powder in any help would be great
4831 shot lights out!

I'm build a 6.5 creedmoor for bench shooting matches I've thought about trying the Berger hybrid 153.5 bullets I know a little heavy for the creedmoor but just curious if anyone has ever tried magpro powder in a creedmoor Berger gave me some data and I wounder if it really would work in the creed and they are claiming 2750 max but curious if anyone has ever tried this powder in any help would be great
4831 shot lights out

Also, given where StaBall 6.5 burn rate sits between H4350 and H4831SC I'm gonna give it a try with the 156 gr. Oryx.