6.5 Creedmoor and Superformance Powder?

motown

I picked up a vanguard s2 in a 6.5 creedmoor and am going to try some h4350 but just realized i also have 3lbs of hornady superformance powder as well. I know hornady loads some factory superformance ammo for the creedmoor and it seems that guys like the accuracy from what i can find but has anybody tried any handloads with it?

I picked up a vanguard s2 in a 6.5 creedmoor and am going to try some h4350 but just realized i also have 3lbs of hornady superformance powder as well. I know hornady loads some factory superformance ammo for the creedmoor and it seems that guys like the accuracy from what i can find but has anybody tried any handloads with it?

I have the Hornady 9th ed reloading book, however, they only use Hornady bullets. What bullet are you planning to load?

Well i was thinking of starting with the 120gr ballistic tip or 130gr accubond. I also have some 129gr SST on hand too.

Well i was thinking of starting with the 120gr ballistic tip or 130gr accubond. I also have some 129gr SST on hand too.

For the 129gr SST, using Superformance powder try ...

42.6gr = 2600 FPS
43.4gr = 2650 FPS
44.2gr = 2700 FPS
45.0gr = 2750 FPS
45.8gr = 2800 FPS
46.7gr = 2850 FPS (MAX LOAD)

NOTE: 24" 1:8" FED 210M

Good luck!

ADDED: For H4350 ...

41.1gr = 2600 FPS
41.9gr = 2650 FPS
42.8gr = 2700 FPS (MAX LOAD)

Thx FEENIX! I'll give it a try. I also have some 140gr berger vld's as well put in in PA the properties I hunt i can easily get a 600 yard shot but i have also taken alot of 50 yard shots as well and i dont know how well the berger would up that close.

I have VERY good luck with rl-17. Im getting a 140 a-max out of my ruger predator 6.5 Creed with a 24 in barrel at 2900 fps. The charge on that is 42.5 grains. Getting 1/2 moa with that. My dad is getting the 129 sst out at over 3000 fps with a 22 in barrel. Just another powder to think about. I have played with the superformance a little but its not as good as the Rl-17. Superformance works better with the lighter pills like the 120's

I also use rl17 my creedmore.I'm getting 2863 with 140gr bergers an not pushing hard out of 30" barrel.

I have VERY good luck with rl-17. Im getting a 140 a-max out of my ruger predator 6.5 Creed with a 24 in barrel at 2900 fps. The charge on that is 42.5 grains. Getting 1/2 moa with that. My dad is getting the 129 sst out at over 3000 fps with a 22 in barrel. Just another powder to think about. I have played with the superformance a little but its not as good as the Rl-17. Superformance works better with the lighter pills like the 120's

SF works good in a .260 also. 3100+ with 123 A-Max. 30" BBL though. It will clean a Golf Ball @ 300. No pressure signs.

Hey Guys, I have a Kimber 84M in 6.5 CM. The 2 powders I have are H4350 and Superformance. I've been using Fed 210 Match primers and 120 grn GMX bullets and 123 grn ELD Match as well as the 120 grn Sierra matchking. The Hornady Factory loads (120 grn GMX) shoot sub MOA but I'm having a time duplicating that in my handloads. The Kimber has a 22" barrel with a 1 in 8 twist. Any suggestions for loads with these components would be appreciated.

Hey Guys, I have a Kimber 84M in 6.5 CM. The 2 powders I have are H4350 and Superformance. I've been using Fed 210 Match primers and 120 grn GMX bullets and 123 grn ELD Match as well as the 120 grn Sierra matchking. The Hornady Factory loads (120 grn GMX) shoot sub MOA but I'm having a time duplicating that in my handloads. The Kimber has a 22" barrel with a 1 in 8 twist. Any suggestions for loads with these components would be appreciated.
Molock, I just picked up a Kimber Montana in 6.5 Creedmoor also, I'm in CA so my only options are mono's. I'm in the early stages of load development with the Barnes 127gr LRX bullets. I'm testing superformance and RL-26, and I've had good preliminary results with both. I just shoot 3 shot groups because of the light barrel and I let it cool between each group. With RL-26 I'm getting .3"-.75" @ 100yrds with 46-47 gr charge. With Superformance I'm getting .5"-1.0" @ 100yrds with 44-45 gr charge. the RL-26 is a compressed load, no signs of over pressure on either load. I haven't checked velocity yet as I'm looking for accuracy first, and once I settle on a load I'll work up a drop chart.

Ovis,
Thanks for the reply. What primers are you using? Does the Montana have a 22 inch barrel? I like the Barnes bullets, how did those work out for you? I have found very little information on reloading the Kimber, but am still looking. Thx again.

Ovis,
Thanks for the reply. What primers are you using? Does the Montana have a 22 inch barrel? I like the Barnes bullets, how did those work out for you? I have found very little information on reloading the Kimber, but am still looking. Thx again.
I'm using Federal 210M primers, the Montana has a 22" barrel and comes threaded for a brake which I have on mine. My Montana is the most accurate factory rifle I own, that said I did go through a little accurizing before I shot it. There's a good thread on some basic things to do. Barnes has online load data for the 6.5 Creedmoor using superformance and the 127 gr LRX. My rifle seams to like it, I got my best accuracy at there published max load of 45.0 gr. I haven't seen any signs of being over pressure so I loaded up another 9 rounds at 45.0, 45.5, and 46.0 last night and I'll see what kind of velocity and accuracy I get.

...sounds great, I'm a Barnes bullet fan. I use their TTSX in my .300 WM.
I'll check online and see what I can work up. Thank you again.

I've had great results with 130 tsx in my 270WSM also, dropped a 4x4 mule deer at 525yrds went through both shoulders. I called Hodgdon today to ask about temp stability of Superformance and they said it's not a temp stable powder, which was disappointing. If I get good results with these next loads I may keep some loads in a cooler on ice and shoot some at ambient temp to see how much it affects it. I've got a sheep tag here in So Cal and it can be anywhere from 15 to 80 during the hunt.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.