Superformance powder

chev4x4s1975

Is anyone using superformance in the 6.5 creedmoor I just pickuped up a 8lb keg of it what type of temp stable is it if any and what weight bullets has anyone tried

I use the heck out of it in three suck moor. I have never hunted with any of them. One is a practice rifle and it shoots awesome when ever i shoot it. The other two if I hunted with them I would only be shooting varmints or deer to about 300 yards so I don't care if the velocity drops a little in the cold.

Edit. All shoot 140's the best. And all are right around 2700fpa.

what type of temp stable is it
Better than some spherical powders, but still not as good as an extruded. Velocity seems to come mainly from packing more into the case, and top loads tend to be compressed.

what weight bullets has anyone tried
140 ELD-M, 143 ELD-X. Mid-2700s easily without getting pressure signs, but it was worked up in the winter.

IMO it's a functional powder and seems to be easy to find during the crunch, but it doesn't work in every combo. I have a bunch, use it in several cartridges, but wouldn't pick it as my go-to in anything except maybe 30-06, seems to work very well there. That said it's what I load my hunting rounds with in one 6.5 CM, but honestly that's because I'm saving the H4350 for other rifles.

Is anyone using superformance in the 6.5 creedmoor I just pickuped up a 8lb keg of it what type of temp stable is it if any and what weight bullets has anyone tried
140gr SBT- 46.8gr gets me 2850 w/ a 24" brl...not the most accurate, but more than adequate.

I am loading it in my Savage Stealth 10 with Hornady 140 ELD match bullets. I shot the best 3 shot group at three hundred that i have ever shot. My velocity is 2720 ft/sec. This is my lucky 300 yd group

Attachments

• 20170128_142724.jpg
    20170128_142724.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 129
In my experience with 6.5C it performs on par with RL26. I have a slightly long throat and load the bullets long just shy of it and am getting 2875fps with 143 ELDX. Shoots under 1/2" 3 shot group. Good enough for my hunting desires. I haven't noticed any temp issues. It's my 2nd fav 6.5C powder.

I just bought a Savage Ultralight in 280 AI, and I'll be doing load development in the next few weeks. I've heard that SuperPerformance is very particular in the recipes it shoots well in, but when it's good, it's very good. I've thrown it in the mix. H4831 is supposed to be very good for the 280 AI, and SuperPerformance is one away in the burn chart, so I'm hopeful. I've got Berger Classic Hunters in 150 and 168.

I load 143 eld x over 45.6gr @2700 FPS and my creedmoor shoots em great. Not quite as fast as I had hoped but very accurate. That load was developed in the winter, come 6 months later and at 95+ degrees I started seeing some pressure signs. I have had decent luck loading it in 30-06, 180 gr gmx over a compressed load (don't remember the weight) shooting right at 2800 fps. The real success story was in my 300wsm, 200gr eldx over 66gr @ 2938 FPS, shoots clovers all day. Havent played with it the lighter bullets in the 6.5 yet, I plan to, just haven't gotten around to it yet

Superformance has worked great for me in 6.5 creedmoor using the 143 ELDX. I've had good luck with 44.3g @2620 fps on my chrono in a tikka t3x, ruger american and browning xbolt tungsten using the same COL & charge with the tikka shooting a .36" group at 100 yds. Definitely going to get more when I can find it in Anchorage.