Superformance powder

This powder is all or nothing. It either ends up being amazing or quite a disappointment. I believe the manufacturer even says that about it: "where it works, it really works!"

I used to think it was slower burning than advertised. I know understand it's burn rate is simply hard to pin down because, like RL17, it is a progressive burn rate powder. As such it behaves differently at different degrees of case fill, non linear.

It kicks some serious..donkey…in my 300 win mag with very light bullets and a mildly compressed load. 120 Barnes tac tx hbn coated hitting 4050 fps over 89.5 grains of superformance in Peterson brass. Just awesome.

It sucked in my 243 with 90 or 100 grain pills and my 300 Winnie with 180s back when I first tried it. Okay velocity but extreme spread worse than anything I have ever seen!!!!

Ball powders give bad extreme spreads as it is when the case fill is much under 100%. Progressive burn rate ball powders are worse I guess.

So find a load and weight that allows for full load density is all I'd really advise.

I just bought a Savage Ultralight in 280 AI, and I'll be doing load development in the next few weeks. I've heard that SuperPerformance is very particular in the recipes it shoots well in, but when it's good, it's very good. I've thrown it in the mix. H4831 is supposed to be very good for the 280 AI, and SuperPerformance is one away in the burn chart, so I'm hopeful. I've got Berger Classic Hunters in 150 and 168.
Not trying to sidetrack this my 300 WSM loves Superformance but the my 280's and 280AI really like RL 19 try it if you can find some! Sorry for the hijack guys!

Not trying to sidetrack this my 300 WSM loves Superformance but the my 280's and 280AI really like RL 19 try it if you can find some! Sorry for the hijack guys!
I've got 7 powders that I'll pressure test, then drop back a bit for two shot groups, then bore down a little closer. I've never used SuperPerformance but it's right next to H4831, so it's worth a try. I've got a 6.5 CM also that loves H4350, but maybe I'll try the SuperPerformance in it too.

Unimpressed with accuracy in .30-06 and 6.5 Remington Magnum cartridges. Got pressure in hot weather in the 06 with reloading manual loads. I moved on.