338 XC, Snipetac, or EnABELR

Sorry I don't know. I don't track his load and never heard him comment on it.
I know he's running in that 120 gr area with RL 50 behind 300gr Berger's and he's having issues with swollen web after a few firings.
Thanks for the answer. Just don't know much about it so I've been trying to get some information on it and see if it'll be an option.

1gr. On my other guns I've done 0.5gr. I read on Tubbs article that he was jumping 2gr, but I'm not that brave being this new to this case/rifle/bullet combination.
Suggestion only, go up in 1/2 grain increments and you may see pressure before passing it, in my mind.
Shot it much more?

Suggestion only, go up in 1/2 grain increments and you may see pressure before passing it, in my mind.
Shot it much more?
Did the seating depth test and had been dragging my feet waiting for warmer weather. Than did a spring bear app and realized I was probably going to draw, so figured I should start load work up and deal with warm weather later.

Your buddy is running a 33XC? Swelling cases is a Big Deal, to my mind, and Peterson's XC brass seems darned tough! Your bud must like living on the edge, man!
I read Peterson brass with stood 85000psi in testing. Yeesh!!
Ya I haven't delved into it much. He planned to back the load down last I talked to him. from the limited research I've done his load and velocity seem to be inline with what other people on the inter-webs are running without issue.

I'm having good luck with H50BMG and 275 Cutting Edge bullets in my 33XC. Not pushing it too hard and getting 3150 FPS with 28" barrel.
I built it to be my ultimate ELR elk rifle. Weighs about 12lbs.
DA313BF1-6A48-432F-8002-BCB5631DEFA9.jpeg

I'm on my 3rd 33XC barrel and have had case web expansion issues when running Tubbs (or close to) load data and velocity. I have the feeling that this is more common than some realize. Why else would he only put out small base dies for such a cartridge? I have backed mine down to run a 300 grain bullet at 3k fps (with really good precision) and am not have brass issues.

I'm on my 3rd 33XC barrel and have had case web expansion issues when running Tubbs (or close to) load data and velocity. I have the feeling that this is more common than some realize. Why else would he only put out small base dies for such a cartridge? I have backed mine down to run a 300 grain bullet at 3k fps (with really good precision) and am not have brass issues.
I am considering building a 33XC for ELR light class but I'm worried if a guy has to back the load down that far it doesn't really have much advantage over 338 Edge so starting to lean that direction.

I re-read the write up on the 33xc last nite. Seems like faster burning powder might be the ticket. Says Reloader 33 gives the 250 Sierra a launch at 3475. Even if I only got 3350, with good brass durability, I'd be tickled.

I re-read the write up on the 33xc last nite. Seems like faster burning powder might be the ticket. Says Reloader 33 gives the 250 Sierra a launch at 3475. Even if I only got 3350, with good brass durability, I'd be tickled.
That bullet at those speeds will certainly make stuff dead but it leaves a lot to be desired BC wise

I am considering building a 33XC for ELR light class but I'm worried if a guy has to back the load down that far it doesn't really have much advantage over 338 Edge so starting to lean that direction.
I don't know if it's the smaller actions (.338 Lapua sized) and barrel diameter some of us are using or if it's the reamer print from Tubb is slightly oversized at the case web, but something is up. I will admit that it is a lot of case for the smaller actions. It is longer than a Cheytac case and a little smaller in diameter, and some are getting velocity that Cheytac users are running comfortably. I have had a .338 Edge for many years and there is no way it should be able to hang with the XC, there is something along the lines of a 30% increase in case capacity. I think a .338 Lapua Imp would be the closest thing to the XC, and I've seen some pretty impressive velocities posted. But even then you know how it goes with Lapua brand brass, it can take more pressure and so it is ran that way. Regardless, a 300 grain Berger/SMK/whatever going 3k+ is no joke and provides very good ELR ballistics. Guys with lesser are winning matches.

I originally was thinking of doing an Edge and then compared it to the three on the title and from what I was seeing they all should walk off leave the Edge without a problem. I'm a bit discouraged at the moment about the velocity I'm getting, but hopefully it improves when I do my ladder. If it doesn't I'll have to try a different powder, which I'm leaning that way already, just thinking H50BMG may be to slow for 275gr bullets. For my build, the main cost difference would've been the action, everything else would've been close to the same.