338 repeater action?

wildcat338

Hello Fella's a friend of mine was thinking about building a 338 Kubla Khan but he wanted a repeating custom action. So I told him I would ask on this forum and see what everyone has to say.

Thanks Again!!!

I would have to ask why? With the brass available I would either go with a 338 Lapua improved or something on the 408 case. If your going custom action the price is about the same and probably a better result either way. The Lapua improved would be tough to beat... unless you are talking several hundred FPS at long distance it really just gets down to reading conditions and dialing them up. It is certainly just my .0002 cents!

Hello LL,

To be honest I think he just likes the WBY round but then again im just guessing but being that he has ALOT of wby's I would think thats why.

The Lapua improved sounds like a good one as well will have to tell him about it. You got any specs on it?

He likes 3 lug actions as well so I told him about the Barnard but I wasnt sure if they made a Repeating action that would handle that class of round.

Thanks for your input!

THe Nesika Model M can be modified to use a Wyatts 3.990" center feed mag box which is plenty for the 338 Kahn.

I have built several on the Chrome Moly Rem 700 receivers using this same mag box and they work great as long as the Kahn is loaded to proper pressures and not red lined. By that I mean if your getting 5-6 firings per case, your pressures are comfortable, if your loosing your primer pockets in 2 firings, your loading to hot!!!

If he goes with the Nesika, tell him to order the Hunter model. The standard round model will need to be modified as they have changed to a sako style extractor and this raises the ejection angle and the case will bind on the top of the receiver. With the Hunter model, the ejection port is larger and you can avoid this issue.

When they are available, the new Seekins DM system will allow 3.900" OAL as well and will work with most receivers with Rem 700 bolt spacing I believe so that would be a great choice as well.

The Stiller PredatorX receiver should also be able to me modified to accept the Wyatts center feed mag box. Most of these will only hold two rounds in the mag box with the Wyatts system. The Seekins is a 4 round Detachable Mag.

Kirby Allen(50)

Kirby,

Thanks for all the help and info. I will definitely let him know and look into those options.
Especially the seekins DM system any idea of when these will be available?

Thanks Again,

Dave

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.