338 magnum build

The edge just gains about 100 fps with 6 ish grains of powder though right? Does anyone see an advantage other than speed out of it?
I would absolutely go edge over rum but… you will need to single feed the 300's or atleast I would as it would be long

338RUM Build-- getting into 9-10lb range with an optic takes some serious consideration.

Mine:
Borden Titanium Timberline w/ Wyatts (Running 270gr ELDX @ 3.75", 2875fps-- also have a 250gr EH @ 2980fps)
Proof Sendero 1-9.4 @ 24" w/ 5 port Piercision Ti Brake
TT Special
Manners EH4
Murphy Ti Rail
Leupold Mk5 5-25x56

Bought a bunch of 338RUM ADG brass- for a niche use hunting rifle I'll never shoot through it all.

338RUM Build-- getting into 9-10lb range with an optic takes some serious consideration.

Mine:
Borden Titanium Timberline w/ Wyatts (Running 270gr ELDX @ 3.75", 2875fps-- also have a 250gr EH @ 2980fps)
Proof Sendero 1-9.4 @ 24" w/ 5 port Piercision Ti Brake
TT Special
Manners EH4
Murphy Ti Rail
Leupold Mk5 5-25x56

Bought a bunch of 338RUM ADG brass- for a niche use hunting rifle I'll never shoot through it all.
The 9-10 is just preference. I won't hurt my feelings if it get to 12 as I'll likely have a suppressor as well. Sounds like a nice rig. How do you like the Borden?

The edge just gains about 100 fps with 6 ish grains of powder though right? Does anyone see an advantage other than speed out of it?
My partner went with the "edge" I went with the RUM. Identical rifles side by side he sees maybe a 1% velocity increase. 26" barrels.

This is with lighter bullets. If I was to do the Edge I would go with a longer barrel set up for the heavier bullets.

Actually I'd skip over that, and go with a larger action, and one of the aforementioned big cases.

So I have both a 338 Rum and an Edge, to be honest both are amazing cartridges. I'm my opinion on hunting with a Rum, they truly shine in the 225 gr category, the Edge however outperforms a rum in the 250 to 300 grain weight. Even over a Lapua. Not by a lot but it does. The 300 ultra mag has more case capacity over a 338 rum, so obviously it will out run it. That is the difference between the edge and a rum, in my opinion what the 338 Rum should have been. If you want the best bang for your buck it's hard to beat a Lapua for overall performance. But if you want to kick it up a notch the edge is you bread and better. It will run a 300 gr bullet around 290-2950 on a 28in barrel, now a Rum will run a 225 above 3100. So velocity vs weight, vs powder…. Or if you want to split the difference get a Lapua. All are amazing cartridges in their own right, but it depends on how you want to run the race.

The .338 RUM is no slouch. The .338 EDGE is what the .338 RUM should have been, and Shawn Carlock was smart enough to capitalize on it. The .338 EDGE and .338 Lapua need a COAL ~4" to take full advantage of the heavy/long bullets. This is one of the reasons I went with NM/I over LM/I.

.338_Lapua_Magnum_vs_.338_Norma_Magnum.jpg

.338 NM in .338 LM CIP mag.jpg

Good luck with your build.

Couple things I had not considered.
The 338 Norma mag, I love Norma brass.
The Allen magnums are very intriguing as well as the 338 terminator. If I'm gonna build a long range hunting rig it should probably be running the 300. If all things considered and weight is then bumped up in the rifle the only expense is a little bigger action. Is anyone running either of the suppressed?