338 Edge build

Congratulations. That's one nice looking firearm. If it shoots half as good as it looks it will be a shooter. Envious of people with your skill. What kind of glass are you going to top it with?

Congratulations. That's one nice looking firearm. If it shoots half as good as it looks it will be a shooter. Envious of people with your skill. What kind of glass are you going to top it with?
Thanks. No envy, anyone can do it. I like hst 6-24s. I'll use my golden eagle for load testing

Well all this talk about the 338 Edge has me fired up ! I think I'm taking this one out today for Spring Bear here in Montana!
20190406_133251.jpg

I have been trying to use the barrels I got from you on both of the 300 ultras for a Bear. The wife will still carry the Christensen one but I'm fired up about a 338 Edge ! Ha ha
Rum Man

Well all this talk about the 338 Edge has me fired up ! I think I'm taking this one out today for Spring Bear here in Montana! View attachment 189729
I have been trying to use the barrels I got from you on both of the 300 ultras for a Bear. The wife will still carry the Christensen one but I'm fired up about a 338 Edge ! Ha ha
Rum Man
Beautiful rifle

For our anniversary, my wife left me in the shop Tuesday to build this rifle. Great woman! :)
View attachment 189599
Rem 700 action single shot
Brux 28" light Palma contour 1:9 twist
Manners eh1 gap camo
Interrupted fluting
Cerakoted metallic charcoal
4 port custom slab brake
Weighs 8lb 4oz w/o scope

Plan to run it out tomorrow and test some 270 eldx. If no luck, I'll go back to the 285 eldm. They were very accurate in my last edge.
Love the fluting

Cobalt cerakote is one of my personal favorites. It's a dark charcoal grey with metallic in it. What is the exact color you used on yours?
I mixed graphite black with a touch of satin aluminum. I've added a couple ml of satin aluminum to other colors when I wanted a little more reflection.
Thanks guys.

Took it out today and tried some r26 with 270elds. My lowest charge was 88gr and it was showing high pressure so I did a one shot, clean for the 3 shots and will start from scratch. Never tried r26 so I want to toy with it before running back to the big 3 (N570,retumbo,h1000)

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.