338 Edge build

Mram10us

For our anniversary, my wife left me in the shop Tuesday to build this rifle. Great woman! :)
7D1AEE00-8786-499C-91A0-2E49704A4ADE.jpeg

Rem 700 action single shot
Brux 28" light Palma contour 1:9 twist
Manners eh1 gap camo
Interrupted fluting
Cerakoted metallic charcoal
4 port custom slab brake
Weighs 8lb 4oz w/o scope

Plan to run it out tomorrow and test some 270 eldx. If no luck, I'll go back to the 285 eldm. They were very accurate in my last edge.

Last edited:
What twist and are you going single shot ? Nice looking and great weight for a hunting .338 !

I'm out of devcon!!! Noooo! I ordered some more back on April 3rd and it still isn't here. Guess I gotta wait till I have devcon to bed this

Man o man, that's a beauty! I'm in the same boat this week. Spinning up a 338 lapua ai - should finish 9 pounds with NF. She won't be a bench queen but watch the elk fall!

Tuning in hear I'm interested to see your velocity with 270's.

Don't laugh, but I found some JB weld in the shop and just threw some in the front lug and a bit between the pillars and action. Who knows? Maybe it will work fine, I just prefer a solid action bedding job with devcon. I'll post speeds of the 270s

This one will be bedded with devcon steel as well. Heavy hitters in these light stocks need all the help they can get.

I've used Jb weld with light recoiling guns with no issues.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.