338-375 Ruger Demon

Sorry I have not done any testing with the 300 gr bullets. I have been working on the 375 Hammer and 7x375 ruger. I plan to someday but other shiny things have caught my attention.

Yeah The 338 Screams. But I Have Renewed Faith InThe 375 With 350 Gr. SMK.

Earlier you mentioned 2700 fps from a .375 Ruger case with a 350 grain SMK. Is this rifle using a 27" barrel as well? What powder are you using to achieve this?

Originally yes it was a 27" Brux #3 contour. I recently changed it out to a 28" benchmark. And have modified the chamber and throat to accomodate this. I have been using 7828 SSC. I wont list load data as im on reload two and allot of the prime pockets are getting loose. I need to find a high bc 300-320 grain bullet that is affordable. As I said I reached the 2,700 node. But am destroying the brass. If i can get a lighter bullet to go 2800 and reduce pressure it would be optimal. But im not going to use accubonds with a .485 bc. Due to the 1000 yard mark the 350 SMK starts to pull away. Hope this helps. I may also send the reamer off and change the shoulder angle for a bit more capacity and keep playing with the free bore.

Thank you. That is useful information. I had figured a max of around 2600 fps from a 26" barrel with a similar case capacity.

Yeah I thought i was going to get away with the speeds i was running. With the free bore I added. But no such luck. In the past i would have just kept buying brass. But these days im into longevity and consistancy. In the long range world radical swings in anything are not a good thing. Im beginning to understand why the military ran the .308 for so many years. Its a dog sled but it always performs the same.

I know its bouncing from the 338-375 but im in the middle of a 7mm-375 build looking for some forming and loading info i have ordered a bushing die with 4 bushings to step down and a set of full length dies from ch4d dies and i have ordered a reamer and go gauge from ptg any hints form anybody with experience on this caliber would be greatly appreciated

Right now I'm going to push the 7 lrm reamer .100" deeper into the chamber to give it volume back. To do this I have to size a false shoulder on the Lrm brass and fire form. I like the lrm brass. So fire forming is about as easy as stepping down 375 brews 30 times. Hope this helps

thanks but is there any lrm brass available fire forming would be a lot easier but if gunwerks wont let go of any is there any other means of ordering it