338-375 Ruger Demon

Martin Abbi: I have been wanting to do a 30/375 ruger or even a 7/375 ruger. So if you could get me the data on yours when its finished.

Backwoods/ I understand that this seems crazy fast and it is. I made this wildcat hoping for 3000 fps w/ a 250gr. We hit that and kept on feeding powder to it until the compressed load began bulging the case when we loaded it with 93 grs. of N570. Still no visible pressure signs were detected. I have some work to do on the throat or drop down to n550/560. We have a chronoed this round and it floored us. I have shot it out to 1500 yards and it matched the speed I input in the ballistics software to within 1/2 an MOA. Call up Chuck with Macs Gunworks and have one built you will be amazed. The other perk is we have the Reamer and Die specs.

Gene R: The 375 Ruger Mag is a new design. And the Hornady brass has been impressive until you put to much powder in it. Then it bulges and you have to run it back through your sizer die with the guts removed.

Gene R: I also have a regular 375 Ruger Alaskan with a factory 20" barrels pushing a 260 gr. Nosler Accubond with RL-15 or Maybe 17 I would have to look. At 2850 fps and thats just the load I got off of Noslers web site. I believe 2950 with the factory barrel is possible. And yes only a 20" barrel.

Wow thats impressive, almost unbelievable. How the hell is it so much more efficient?

Also I bet that 7mm-375 would be serious. Im thinking right around STW performance?? But considering that its proving to perform better than its respective capacity, maybe it will do the same thing in .30 and 7mm??

i have 375 ruger with a 26 in barrel and with the 260 acu bond i can get 3050 with rl 15 and still have no presure signs and 1/2 moa with it. the 7mm 375 i have get 3500 plus with a 140 accu bond out of 26 in barrel. the case is amazing when it comes to performance. i still cant figure out why ruger wont do the 338 or a 358 in it.

Elk Taxi: Glad im not the only one who has wildcatted this case with great success. About your 7/375 ruger. Have you ever used an 168 gr. And if so what was its performance. Also do you have the reamer and die specs.

And to all you disbelievers thats 7RUM speeds. Gotta be impossible. And to all of you butting in with your reloading manual specs with disbelief, must not know that the load data therein is "Safe Loads" that they put in there. I started this thread to share my results with others that are interested and those that have done this. For the purpose of furthering this wildcat.

Elk Taxi: I here you on making it a factory load. Not very familiar with the 358. Is there high bc bullets for that or is it more of a hunting round. Also do you have to compress your 7/375 load to get your speed.

no i dont have to compress the 140 loads i run about 80 grains of powder and moly coat all my bullets for the 7mm and my 338-375 campfire. my 7mm is made for lite bullets so it does not shoot the 168 very well. it has a 11 to 1 twist. and my 338 i do compress them for the 225 accu bonds and they get right at 3100 with a 26in barrel. my friends and i have built i think 12 or 14 of these wildcates of the 375 in different calibers and configureations. rick