300 Tejas

I believe the velocity, my 338 Lapua Improved gets 3000 fps with a 300 grain bullet easily. I attribute this to the 32" barrel and the 5C Broughton rifling.

If you opened the case to 375, it would have similar capacity to the 375 Tejas, I see no reason it couldn't drive a 50 grain heavier bullet the same speed.

My load is 100 grains Retumbo under a 300 grain bullet, at 2975 fps. I have went to 104 grains of powder with no pressure, velocity for this must be nearing 3100 fps, although I did not have a chronograph when I worked up to a max load, which was never reached because of compression.

Clarification...

Brad Stair is at Cross Canyon Arms in West Haven!

He is no longer with Wasatch Precision..
I would not recommend doing business with Wasatch Precision!!!

I shoot a .338 Tejas with 300g Bergers and Sierra's. I shoot 94.0g of H1000 at 2835fps. I was shooting 95.0g of H1000 but blew a couple primers and had to back down to 94.0. 95.0g was a vert accurate load - 5 shot at .4". case life was 4-5 shots. There is no need live on the edge as I have shot a 24" plate at 1,763 yards on my second shot. One or 2 grains under max is plenty good for me.

I am having a .300 Tejas buildt by Brad at Cross Canyon Arms along with a heavy barrel tactical .338 Tejas.

Great round, highly accurate rifles and high quality gun smithing.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.