300 PRC or 300 RUM

I've got a couple 7s and smaller but am wanting a 30. Gonna be a long range elk gun and want to be push 210s-220s at over 3000 in a factory rifle. I'd shoot the heavier bullets if I could push them to 3000fps. Which one would you choose? Let me know your thoughts. Leaning towards a Bergara or browning but want to keep weight to a minimum. What $1200 rifle would you choose?
Honestly the Rum out performs a PRC all day. Not even close with velocity comparison. Prc runs less powder yes, but when comparing a 300 PRC to a 300 RUM, with the exact same bullet, a 196 grain Copper. Velocity with 2 300 PRC registered 2985 fps on average. Both had single digit SD and ES. Now the 300RUM pushed the same bullet 3358 and 3326 out of two different rifles. So scratching my head here on how that is even a close comparison of performance between a PRC and a RUM. So correct me if I'm wrong here but a PRC isn't even close.

I've already posted previously, but wanted to add additional comments.

For me personally, I prefer the 300 RUM over the 300 PRC, as long as the 300 RUM is setup properly. If I were to shoot factory ammo from a factory gun, I might prefer the 300 PRC. However since I don't shoot a factory gun or factory ammo, I prefer the 300 RUM.

To me, a properly setup RUM is one that allows the bullet of choice to be seated such that the bearing surface is not protruding into the powder space with a chamber throat set accordingly. Barrel twisted fast enough for the heaviest bullet planned to shoot.

My 300 RUM will push Berger 210's at 3149 FPS and do so with sub 1/2 MOA. That's a different level than the PRC.

Hornady claims certain attributes for their 300 PRC, and I believe those attributes exist. I also believe those attributes/characteristics can be applied to other cartridges as well and then you have a similar designed cartridge with the same or better benefits.

Nothing wrong with the 300 PRC, it's just slower than the 300 RUM.

My 300 RUM will push Berger 210's at 3149 FPS and do so with sub 1/2 MOA. That's a different level than the PRC.
Nothing wrong with the 300 PRC, it's just slower than the 300 RUM.
The 215 hybrid has a shorter bearing surface and a higher BC, you can get ~70 fps faster than the 210 and a better BC = win/win.... and they are back in production and appearing on the shelf.

The 215 hybrid has a shorter bearing surface and a higher BC, you can get ~70 fps faster than the 210 and a better BC = win/win.... and they are back in production and appearing on the shelf.
I'm getting 3183 fps from a Berger 215 from my 300 RUM, with stellar accuracy as well.

Attachments

• IMG_0165.jpeg
    IMG_0165.jpeg
    355 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0166.jpeg
    IMG_0166.jpeg
    235.1 KB · Views: 37