300 grizzly vs 300 rum

ShadS

Hi everyone,

So i'm looking at a custom rifle and i was pretty set on a 300 rum for a few reasons. Insane ballistics, can be necked up to 338 edge and it is just massive... However recently I came across a cartridge called a 300 grizzly ICL. From what i've read this cartridge is insane, i mean INSANE like i cant believe the fps this thing is getting for its powder loadings. A 300 rum will launch a 180 grain at 3250fps with 4200 ftlbf and has a max capacity of 110grains of powder. Now, this grizzly claims its actually a laser beam... shooting a 180 grain at 3500 fps with 4800 ftlbf and has only a max capacity of 83grains!!!!! How the hell 200 fps velocity gain with almost 30 grains difference in powder capacity. Im pretty set on a 300 rum because i can neck it to a 338 edge in future but if someone could explain the grizzly to me it would be greatly appreciated and I may consider chambering in grizzly if this things legit!

Thanks!

Hi everyone,

So i'm looking at a custom rifle and i was pretty set on a 300 rum for a few reasons. Insane ballistics, can be necked up to 338 edge and it is just massive... However recently I came across a cartridge called a 300 grizzly ICL. From what i've read this cartridge is insane, i mean INSANE like i cant believe the fps this thing is getting for its powder loadings. A 300 rum will launch a 180 grain at 3250fps with 4200 ftlbf and has a max capacity of 110grains of powder. Now, this grizzly claims its actually a laser beam... shooting a 180 grain at 3500 fps with 4800 ftlbf and has only a max capacity of 83grains!!!!! How the hell 200 fps velocity gain with almost 30 grains difference in powder capacity. Im pretty set on a 300 rum because i can neck it to a 338 edge in future but if someone could explain the grizzly to me it would be greatly appreciated and I may consider chambering in grizzly if this things legit!

Thanks!

Check out #6 >>> http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f28/i-need-little-reloading-advice-56249/

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.