300 Rum or 300 Rum Ackley Impr.

same Reamer//Chamber.. Its working real good. I,ve ran it up to 3190 with 250 grain Hornady A-Tip with my fire form barrel. I ran the match barrel to 3160 fps and it shot a nice 5 shot group at 100 yds and 300 yards and 600 yards.. I am going to stretch it out to 1780 yards at my friends place.Thats as far as he has to shoot safely.. And Its very accurate. So far Im very pleased.
As far as the 338 RUM Im going for the 338 EDGE

what action do you have and length barrel now and what action & length barrel are you changing to?
It is a LH Remington 700 with a 30" barrel. Planning to build off a terminus Zeus QC I have on order. 22" carbon six barrel. I took my 22" 300 Norma and 22" 25 prc to Michigan the last couple of years and the short barrels worked great back there. The 30" barrel not so much. I do not get out in the desert to use the rifle as I planned when I built it. No need for a really long barrel.

It is a LH Remington 700 with a 30" barrel. Planning to build off a terminus Zeus QC I have on order. 22" carbon six barrel. I took my 22" 300 Norma and 22" 25 prc to Michigan the last couple of years and the short barrels worked great back there. The 30" barrel not so much. I do not get out in the desert to use the rifle as I planned when I built it. No need for a really long barrel.

That should be about right since you been thru it already.How much velocity do you think you will lose at 8 inches shorter.

That should be about right since you been thru it already.How much velocity do you think you will lose at 8 inches shorter.
I am currently running 230's at 86.5gr H1000 at 3050FPS. I would switch to N570 for the shorter barrel, plus P it and with the longer OAL I think I would still be over 3000fps. If I kept the powder the same and did not plus p or extend the throat I would lose 130-150FPS probably.

Recent Posts