300 Blackout Ammo Selection

300 blk + suppressor = Subsonic work. That's where my mind goes.

If your neighbor wants quiet, that's your answer.

I have shot 190 NOS CC, 208 A-Max, 210, 220 NOS CC and 240 gr SMK in mine. I can tell you, there ain't much difference in any of them. When a 190 NOS CC will exit a broadside pig at 1050 fps, basically, every target bullet from 190 up will exit at subsonic speeds @ 1000 fps (+/-).

If you are worried about pass through on a small tract of land, Hornady makes the 190 Sub-X bullet. I'd try some of those

Looks like there are some solid answers here on factory ammo, but people search these threads for answers so, there is my take on reloaded ammo.

I have shot the 410 gr sub-x in my 45-70 and those were pretty dang accurate. Looking forward to loading some in the 300 blk.

The best Lehigh bullet I tested & use is the 186 gr. Controlled Fracturing. Solid base, 4 pedals that go their separate ways, a .17 cal. bullet in the nose- 6 tracks of damage. Is absolute lightening on deer. I still use the 220 Sierra RN primarily since it's cheaper than the Lehigh & performs almost exactly the same.
The problem with all these newer subsonics is they don't shoot at the same POA in mildot scopes. The Lehigh shoots flatter than the 220 Sierra requiring I use one dot HIGHER on my scope. The Horn. shot 6" higher than the 220 Sierras at 100. I'm old school. I just stick with what has worked extremely well for the past 20+ years.

I use the Hornady factory 110 load through a suppressor. It isn't very loud at all and I don't have to worry about a rainbow trajectory. I've shot lots of deer and pigs with no issues.

The best Lehigh bullet I tested & use is the 186 gr. Controlled Fracturing. Solid base, 4 pedals that go their separate ways, a .17 cal. bullet in the nose- 6 tracks of damage. Is absolute lightening on deer. I still use the 220 Sierra RN primarily since it's cheaper than the Lehigh & performs almost exactly the same.
The problem with all these newer subsonics is they don't shoot at the same POA in mildot scopes. The Lehigh shoots flatter than the 220 Sierra requiring I use one dot HIGHER on my scope. The Horn. shot 6" higher than the 220 Sierras at 100. I'm old school. I just stick with what has worked extremely well for the past 20+ years.
They only list a 198 grn

I use the Hornady factory 110 load through a suppressor. It isn't very loud at all and I don't have to worry about a rainbow trajectory. I've shot lots of deer and pigs with no issues.
I had the worst luck with hornady factory in 300 blackout, 22-250 and 3 of my friends in 300WBY, to the point I pulled the bullets and used the cases. I'll load their projectiles, for fun, but personally, I will not spend money on Hornady loaded ammo anything.

I had the worst luck with hornady factory in 300 blackout, 22-250 and 3 of my friends in 300WBY, to the point I pulled the bullets and used the cases. I'll load their projectiles, for fun, but personally, I will not spend money on Hornady loaded ammo anything.
Wow, I get great velocity and accuracy out of the 110 amax factory load. I've played around with trying to duplicate it, but had enough of a stash that I didn't need to use. I've tried three different variations: plain hornady, zombie (only because there was a great sale), and the black in three different rifles (one AR and two different bolt guns). All shot just under 1".

Wow, I get great velocity and accuracy out of the 110 amax factory load. I've played around with trying to duplicate it, but had enough of a stash that I didn't need to use. I've tried three different variations: plain hornady, zombie (only because there was a great sale), and the black in three different rifles (one AR and two different bolt guns). All shot just under 1".
could be my rifle, my spring, who knows...I get better results with Freedom Munitions both subsoninc and supersonic. Bullets look like hornady

asd, I have 200 186 gr. Controlled Fracturing in so marked boxes. My guess is that Lehigh sold out to Wilson Combat changes were made. The 190s should do good. Pedecessor to this was a 170 CF. Pedals were too thick with poor performance.
My suppressed Whisper sounds exactly like a BB gun report. killed several deer standing beside another. His buddy never reacted at all.

300 blk + suppressor = Subsonic work. That's where my mind goes.

If your neighbor wants quiet, that's your answer.

If you are worried about pass through on a small tract of land, Hornady makes the 190 Sub-X bullet. I'd try some of those
I head shoot pigs with the 190 Sub-X's out of my Blackout. Hand loads right at 1030 and it sounds like you hit them in the head with a sledge hammer on impact. The only bad part is dragging them off since they don't run afterwards…

I also shoot the 190 sub-x loads in my short barrel suppressed AR. I've killed 2 deer with it with no issues and several hogs as well.

Might want to make sure what the neighbor thinks is quiet. A 110 still has a good crack while the subsonics won't ever be noticed.