300 Blackout Ammo Selection

Bominiscious

I have permission to use my suppressed Ruger American ranch rifle on a small (13 acre) parcel in a wooded subdivision. I have previously bow hunted this and landowner is good with me gun hunting if it isn't too "noisy". I have a suppressed 300 blackout for plinking with the kids but haven't hunted with it. I Don't have to have subsonic stuff but do want the best deer round for this rifle. Ranges will be 75 yards or less.

Any suggestions for a factory round?

This is what I would use as it gets plenty of great reviews:

5ECBCD60-D784-4D40-A999-9E8590544A3F.png

My 10 year old son uses a 300 Blk out…110 Hornady sst. Killed a deer and several hogs. All less than 100 yds, but all dead right there. We are not suppressed yet though.

If you reload the best bullet made is the Cutting Edge Bullets 308 100 gr. Flat Base Raptor https://cuttingedgebullets.com/308-100gr-flat-base-raptor

This bullet was designed by hunters for hunting and was designed for the 300 BO....I have shot many deer with the bullet and know many people that have shot deer and even several 300 pound bears....
You will get high velocities and most deer are .....DRT it is very rare that a deer will go several feet....it simply the best made bullet....
I do Deer Land Management Permits and use CEB bullets only and shot around 100 deer a year.....it's a great bullet and well worth the price.....

I use Steadfast by Stillwood Ammunition 110gr Hornady Amax from your exact rifle or Fiocchi 125gr SST from an AR platform. Both supersonic so may not help you. Both great rounds.
Edit: except no suppressor.

I use Steadfast by Stillwood Ammunition 110gr Hornady Amax from your exact rifle or Fiocchi 125gr SST from an AR platform. Both supersonic so may not help you. Both great rounds.
Edit: except no suppressor.

I'll give these a try. I am not shooting or looking for subsonic so this will be fine. I did pick up two boxes of the Barnes 110's to try and I'm going to go to the range tomorrow.

I have permission to use my suppressed Ruger American ranch rifle on a small (13 acre) parcel in a wooded subdivision. I have previously bow hunted this and landowner is good with me gun hunting if it isn't too "noisy". I have a suppressed 300 blackout for plinking with the kids but haven't hunted with it. I Don't have to have subsonic stuff but do want the best deer round for this rifle. Ranges will be 75 yards or less.

Any suggestions for a factory round?
Hornady makes a 208 gr AMAX that is loaded subsonic. Their part #80892. I haven't tried them on meat yet, so I can't say how they do.

My very best friend is JD Jones, inventer of the .300 Blackout. He didn't copyright it, so Rem. made the .300 Blackout (same thing). I've had one since it's beginning. I use only subsonic rounds. JD had me test many bullets & hooked me up with Lehigh Defense & tested their bullets. I've taken about 120 deer, 4 turkeys, 200+ groundhogs & a large coyote at 170 yds. All these with subsonic loads.
The Whisper was developed with the Sierra 240 gr. HPBT Match bullet. It killed by tumbling. Worked fair, but I wanted more predictable results. Lesser Sierra HPBT Match bullets did not tumble & gave very poor results. What did work is the Sierra 220 gr. RN. It expands & tumbles).I get 95% instant drops on deer. Killed a heavy 8 point in WV at 240 yds. with this bullet. DRT. Obviously, mildot scopes are required for these subsonic loads that fly like a thrown rock.
For Lehigh, I tested their early bullets. Did not work very well. Then they made a 186 gr. Controlled Fracturing bullet. It has a solid base, a nose with 4 skives that open up & split off the bullet, plus a .17 cal. bullet in the open point of the bullet. You have 6 tracks of bullet damage with this. A "certain govt. agency" uses this. It drops deer Very Fast! (THis bullet also is in .30 & .375 cal. without the .17 bullet. I killed a 220# bear in WV at 220 yds. with the 250 gr. .375 in my .375/.284 handgun. DRT. Base went thru both shoulders. Pedals were in liver, lungs, spine, and backstraps).
I've shot some Horn. subs in my gun (Not killed), & they shoot so far off from my 220 loads That I do not plan on using them. My 220/186 Lehighs work so well I have no intentions on using others. Can't improve much on 95%.
B, I'd highly recommend going quiet. My Whisper sounds like a BB gun. An unaware deer usually flinches at the shot, walks 3-4 yards & drops. Do double shoulder hits. Get a mildot scope & figure out the range of each dot. On my gun at 8X each dot is 25 yds. starting at the top dot.

My very best friend is JD Jones, inventer of the .300 Blackout. He didn't copyright it, so Rem. made the .300 Blackout (same thing). I've had one since it's beginning. I use only subsonic rounds. JD had me test many bullets & hooked me up with Lehigh Defense & tested their bullets. I've taken about 120 deer, 4 turkeys, 200+ groundhogs & a large coyote at 170 yds. All these with subsonic loads.
The Whisper was developed with the Sierra 240 gr. HPBT Match bullet. It killed by tumbling. Worked fair, but I wanted more predictable results. Lesser Sierra HPBT Match bullets did not tumble & gave very poor results. What did work is the Sierra 220 gr. RN. It expands & tumbles).I get 95% instant drops on deer. Killed a heavy 8 point in WV at 240 yds. with this bullet. DRT. Obviously, mildot scopes are required for these subsonic loads that fly like a thrown rock.
For Lehigh, I tested their early bullets. Did not work very well. Then they made a 186 gr. Controlled Fracturing bullet. It has a solid base, a nose with 4 skives that open up & split off the bullet, plus a .17 cal. bullet in the open point of the bullet. You have 6 tracks of bullet damage with this. A "certain govt. agency" uses this. It drops deer Very Fast! (THis bullet also is in .30 & .375 cal. without the .17 bullet. I killed a 220# bear in WV at 220 yds. with the 250 gr. .375 in my .375/.284 handgun. DRT. Base went thru both shoulders. Pedals were in liver, lungs, spine, and backstraps).
I've shot some Horn. subs in my gun (Not killed), & they shoot so far off from my 220 loads That I do not plan on using them. My 220/186 Lehighs work so well I have no intentions on using others. Can't improve much on 95%.
B, I'd highly recommend going quiet. My Whisper sounds like a BB gun. An unaware deer usually flinches at the shot, walks 3-4 yards & drops. Do double shoulder hits. Get a mildot scope & figure out the range of each dot. On my gun at 8X each dot is 25 yds. starting at the top dot.
Of their current offerings, what would you load in 200 Blackout subsonic?