30 Nosler and 215 gr hybrid?

This is the reamer I spoke of in my first post and the reamer I plan to order. I dummied up cases with a 215, 180 nab and a 165 partition to the same ogive to base length as the 215 at 3.740" coal. I wanted to see if it would work with "traditional" bullets. It will. It will also work with a 212 eldx. It will be hard to beat in the win mag and still be flexible. Thanks Broz for saving the rest of us reinventing the wheel. I look forward to your 30 nosler tests. For me it will have to be next time if it works out to be a real world advantage. This one will be a 300 win mag.

For me it will have to be next time if it works out to be a real world advantage. This one will be a 300 win mag.

Stuff a 215 Berger in it and I think you will be plenty pleased. Been testing a 26" factory Christensen Arms Classic two all season with a 215 Berger at 2908 fps. It has stacked up the elk.

Jeff

This is a bit off subject, please forgive me. I have a .300 WM that I have been shooting 210 Hunting VLDs. I see the 215 Hybrids are not "hunting" bullets. Are you seeing advantages or disadvantages shooting game?

Do a top right search "comparing 210/125 Berger". 60 some odd pages of documented info and real world data. Pretty conclusive

This is a bit off subject, please forgive me. I have a .300 WM that I have been shooting 210 Hunting VLDs. I see the 215 Hybrids are not "hunting" bullets. Are you seeing advantages or disadvantages shooting game?

Here ya go. http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f19/comparing-berger-210-vld-215-hybrid-88657/

Plus since that season we took so many big game animals we have continues to take numerous elk deer and antelope with the Berger 215. Many of us has deemed it as the best killing bullet we have ever seen.

Jeff

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.